almost ready:)

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Im working on assembling my engine this evening. Torqued the Melling oil pump inplace, installed the FR500 camshafts and torqued the cam caps down.

What do you have planned for intake, heads and cams? Whats it have for internals?

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
All this stuff is new or worked: it's a .20 over teksid block, deburred, dss main girdle, polished cobra crank, king bearings, modmax h-beams w/coated h-series bearings, diamond -11cc dish pistons w/reliefs, ross rings, arp main and head studs, melling billet oil pump, billet trigger wheel, cloyes hex-a-just chains and billet cam gears, ARP crank and cam bolts, home ported intake, cleaned up heads, jdm/kooks long tubes, cpr fuel rails, -8line from tank to y-block and -8's to the rails. Also did a termi clutch since the motor was out. Cams/springs and retainers are a secret;)

I spent about 7 hours porting the intake, but it's not cut open so you can do only so much, doubt I'll see much from it, but I was paid to do it, if you know what I mean. The compression should be about 9:1-2 with the heads decked. Still got the 150 shot on it. I'm setting this motor up for either a d1 or f1a with the shot of gas on top next year. For now if will be a dog N/A, but the long tubes and 4.10 gears should help some and I don't race N/A anyway.

Motor should go back together Friday and be back in next Mon-Tues, probably a full day or two tuning both N/A and nitrous. I'm hoping to have it back late next week.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
The bottom of the lower is easily cut off with a cut off wheel on an air grinder. Mark a line around the intake with black marker and start cutting. Theres alot to be done on the lower once the bottom is cut off. Ive sourced a shop locally that will TIG weld the lower back on for $50. Pics of the intake I did with before pics a few posts down.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rst-ported-intake-3-8-intake-spacers-too.html

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Yours looks really good, time is my enemy. I have been down to one car since the engine messed up, so I cannot take the time to do anything else. Luckily I work midnight shift and the wife works days. I spent about 6 hours porting the heads, i just finished a few minutes ago. They go back tomorrow and they start putting everything together.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
The intake can be done later on or you can pick up a spare lower and port it in your spare time. Then its just a simple swap of the two intakes and sell the old intake to recoup some the costs involved.

Users who are viewing this thread