Almost ready for more mods.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Does anybody see a problem or recommend something different? I am getting close to purchasing a few more mods. I was thinking the JDM stage 1 with a 6lb lower. If I have the money I was thinking the silver bullet exhaust. Being how its cheap and compares pretty close to the bassini according to JDM. Anybody have the silver bullet? Is it loud? I want something LOUD!!! If the SB doesn't do it I will save for some louder exhaust. Think this is a good place to start? What about a Z06 with a rough driver? There are a ton of Z's and SS's around here.

Think these mods. will put me in the 12's? Along with 400hp/500tq maybe?

Thanks,

Helix

BTW, LL I am still loving the 3/5 drop. I smile everytime I walk to my truck waaaaaaaayyyy down the parking lot.:beer:

Wehnes

Established Member
Originally posted by Helix
Does anybody see a problem or recommend something different? I am getting close to purchasing a few more mods. I was thinking the JDM stage 1 with a 6lb lower. If I have the money I was thinking the silver bullet exhaust. Being how its cheap and compares pretty close to the bassini according to JDM. Anybody have the silver bullet? Is it loud? I want something LOUD!!! .....

Personally, I feel the 4# pulley is much better option. The 6# has minimal HP gains over the 4# and puts a lot more stress on your internals. It also produces more heat which pretty much negates any HP gains over the 4#, unless you allow the engine to cool down before running a second time. I run on the street, so this usually isn't an option for me.

Loud exhaust.. Remove the stock mufflers and run just the cats. People will be able to hear you comming 1/2 mile away. This is the way my L is and I hate it, but it is loud. I'm installing either the JDM Silver Bullet or Bassani this winter. There are some sounds clips on here somewhere of the JDM SB.

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
Re: Re: Almost ready for more mods.

Originally posted by Wehnes
Personally, I feel the 4# pulley is much better option. The 6# has minimal HP gains over the 4# and puts a lot more stress on your internals. It also produces more heat which pretty much negates any HP gains over the 4#

I totally agree with that statement. If you want to run at the track, a 6lb pulley is fine with a flip chip. For daily driving, it is pushing your luck. I gained 5hp and 12 ftlb which is not much gaines for the extra heat and stress on the block.........

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Hmmm.... all you gain with the 4lb vs. the 6lb was 5hp? So 2psi difference. I will have to look into it a little more and give it some thought.

Thanks,

Helix

Vett-Klr

Established Member
How many HP will the 4# pully give you over a stock setup.
What are the best mods for the buck?
I have no mods on my L and I think its about time to add some. Which mods will keep my warranty in tact, if any?

Dave

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
I got this power with the mods listed on my sig......

Blue>>4lb pulley

Red>>6lb pulley

dyno3.jpg

Will you get the same exact power? I can't answer that because every L is different.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
So I will be boosting 12 psi instead of 14 psi with less heat and can have longer high speed runs or several drags back to back? With little difference in performance between the two pulleys.

Helix

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Helix
So I will be boosting 12 psi instead of 14 psi with less heat and can have longer high speed runs or several drags back to back? With little difference in performance between the two pulleys.

Helix

Bingo. With less stress on your rods.:beer:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by Vett-Klr
How many HP will the 4# pully give you over a stock setup.
What are the best mods for the buck?
I have no mods on my L and I think its about time to add some. Which mods will keep my warranty in tact, if any?

Dave
to really keep your warrenty intact all you can do is a cold air intake and a cat back, thats it
unless you have a mod freindly dealer or know someone taht works at a dealer

Users who are viewing this thread