Almost in the 8's, vid

STANGMAN93

Established Member
I was hoping to run some eights this day but the track was moving SLOW. This pass was a shakedown pass after the alternator install and front suspension limiters. I installed the limiters to keep the front end down at the big end of the track, that worked great but made the first 100' wacky as ever. I will be working on that in the coming weeks.

This run was with 28-29psi, nitrous on, and rich, voltage was 13.5 which turned the fuel pump harder resulting in more volume that I needed badly. It 60' a 1.4 something...usually at mid 1.30. The duty cycle dropped to 77% peak while rich! I shifted out of first at 9027rpm!

[youtube_browser]J4vcDqYdPwM [/youtube_browser]

I did attemp a second pass after this one but my valve lashes were too tight causing some running issues. The car is making the power, I just got to work on the suspension and weight transfer and 8's will be around the corner!

one a side note...that is Mike Murillo in the black coming to the line to check the car out, I thought that was cool!

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
60' looked a little...bumpy? This car is just cool. I checked all the threads updating the build and it's a nice little set up. I see 8's in your future for sure. keep up the good work!

BLK_03

Established Member
8s aren't easy. I ran a 9.01 in 2011 at the last event of the year. Finally got my 8 this year.

Keep working on it.

STANGMAN93

Established Member
Very nice.

Thanks! :beer:

60' looked a little...bumpy? This car is just cool. I checked all the threads updating the build and it's a nice little set up. I see 8's in your future for sure. keep up the good work!

Bumpy is a good description. It was unloading the rear and at the lower launch rpm(for this motor) it was doing a spin and bog type deal for about 100 feet. A little more tire pressure along with a looser convertor so I can launch at a higher rpm with more power should help along with some suspension changes.

What race was this at ? Wondering when the track gets good

This was at an Import Face Off race at San Antonio Raceway in the first of December. A better prepped track and some new tires will help me out a lot.

8s aren't easy. I ran a 9.01 in 2011 at the last event of the year. Finally got my 8 this year.

Keep working on it.

Yup, the faster you go it seems the more the small things fight you. I am learning a lot and having a blast so all is good. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread