Almost got ripped off

slvrsvtlghtng

Established Member
Well I have been trying to sell my motorcycle for a few weeks and some guy contacted me saying his client wanted to buy it. The guy was from Canada and said his client would send a check. Well I got the check yesterday for $13,600.42 and I was supposed to send the remainder to a shipping agency so they could ship it to the customer. Well called the bank that the check was from and it was a fake. So if some thing like this happens to you and seems kinda fishy make sure you check it out or you could get in trouble for conterfit checks.

SVTlightning01

SVTLightning01
Established Member
haha someone tried to do that to me, same exact thing, send the remainder to the shipping company, i knew it was a fake so i told them no thanks.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
I have a 15 thousand dollar fake check sitting in my office, I let the dumbass go through all the motions and once the check arrived contacted the bank and let them take it from there.

slvrsvtlghtng

Established Member
My bank would not even see if it was good for me they told me I had to contact the bank the check was from. I thought they would do it but I was wrong

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
My cousin got something like that. He was selling his 69 Chevelle and he wanted like $8,500 for the car. Some guy sent him a check for like $9,2XX. Well my cousin smelled b.s. called the bank and it turned out to be fake. I think he filed a police report.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
slvrsvtlghtng said:
Well I have been trying to sell my motorcycle for a few weeks and some guy contacted me saying his client wanted to buy it. The guy was from Canada and said his client would send a check. Well I got the check yesterday for $13,600.42 and I was supposed to send the remainder to a shipping agency so they could ship it to the customer. Well called the bank that the check was from and it was a fake. So if some thing like this happens to you and seems kinda fishy make sure you check it out or you could get in trouble for conterfit checks.

Lets see, someone offered to buy your motorcycle sight unseen for more money than you are asking for it and that alone didnt seem like a SCAM:rolleyes:

UCBeau

Exactly, I receieved 2-3 emails a week with this scam back when I was selling my car. It was fun to string them along for a while, but it was blatantly obvious to me that it was a scam.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I could see that one coming a mile away....... :idea:

o4nccobra

another log on the fire
Established Member
The disturbing part is after several attempts to contact a law enforcement agency that would respond to this type of attempted fraud, not one would even touch it!!!!
Keep up the good work.
My wife was trying to sell our horse trailer and, this guy, even after my wife told him to g.f.y.s. still sent the bad check.

slvrsvtlghtng

Established Member
Lets see, someone offered to buy your motorcycle sight unseen for more money than you are asking for it and that alone didnt seem like a SCAM

He did not offer me more he offerd me less than I was asking

Users who are viewing this thread