Almost got an entire spare mustang in parts...sell or build something else?

Darufe

Established Member
So here i am wondering what to do now.
Ive changed almost everything on my 2011 and well alot of the parts still need to be put in/swapped.

by the time im done im gonna have a spare motor, mt82, driveshaft, almost complete rear end, suspension, harness, ecu, fuel system, instrument cluster, wheels, intake, exhaust

Kind of wondering if i shouldnt just throw 2k on getting an old fox body gut it and throw in a C4 and make a drag car out of it.
or maybe even putting the 2011 back to stock and using most of the parts in either an old fastback (for weight reasons mostly)
or maybe a gt40 replica car (2000-2300lbs before gutting alot of nonsense)

any thoughts???

Bud

Established Member
If I had to do it all over again I'd go with a notch fox. They look awesome, work awesome, and can't deny that nice light weight. While having a new model race car is cool as it is something different than the sea of foxes out there, there are a bunch of foxes for a reason.

I'd suggest finding a nice fox roller that is already caged/certed and throw your driveline in it. You'll be way faster and money ahead

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
If I had to do it all over again I'd go with a notch fox. They look awesome, work awesome, and can't deny that nice light weight. While having a new model race car is cool as it is something different than the sea of foxes out there, there are a bunch of foxes for a reason.

I'd suggest finding a nice fox roller that is already caged/certed and throw your driveline in it. You'll be way faster and money ahead
I completly agree!

Darufe

Established Member
i guess i could get the stock motor built with a decent SC kit for the street in the 2011

then get a c4 and throw in the mmr motor in a completely gutted drag only fox body haha
damn it why dont i make more money...

or even lighter still get a 65 fastback and throw it in that! slightly more expensive and i dunno if theres much for drag parts for those but hmmmm

so many toys so little money :'(

5lho

Established Member
i guess i could get the stock motor built with a decent SC kit for the street in the 2011

then get a c4 and throw in the mmr motor in a completely gutted drag only fox body haha
damn it why dont i make more money...

or even lighter still get a 65 fastback and throw it in that! slightly more expensive and i dunno if theres much for drag parts for those but hmmmm

so many toys so little money :'(

Another vote for a notchback Coyote Fox...some serious genetic engineering going on here. :) I don't think you'll find a 65 FB lighter than a Fox notch, especially if you go with a 4 eye car.

Zemedici

Established Member
Buy a decent foxbody.

Put Coyote in it

Sell for HUGE profit.

Done deal.

Guys pay exorbitant amounts for fox bodies, anyway. Not to mention you put a coyote in it, guys be ripping your arm off for $20k+

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
I knew a guy who bought a 1967 mustang coupe and he put an 04 cobra motor. That car looked awesome, wish I would have bought it. If I were in the same position I would put the motor into a fastback or another classic mustang. A lot of people are already doing the fox body swap.

Users who are viewing this thread