Almost Chicago Area Day at the Track

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
For those of you that will have your cars together by May 10th, a day at Route 41 is available. It is located in Moroco, Indiana. It is about 50 miles south of Chicago.
The track has been reserved by a group that a friend of mine belongs to. It will be available from 0800 to approximate 1500 hours on Saturday, May 10.
The cost will be minimal and determined by the total number of participants, probably around $25. They usually have a small number of people attend, so the track will be available almost at will.
No tech inspections.
No reservations required. Just show up.

Dennis or John, if you see this, can you forward it to the local guys for which you have e-mail addresses? Just want to make sure they know about it.

Thanks,

Dana

03CobraRed

Established Member
Im in if I can go I need to get more practice on that track. Thats the one I ran a 12.43 on, Let me know!

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
It's open to anyone? Do you have the exact address for it so I can get directions? I think it would be cool. I have a 12sec car with a 13sec driver:(

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Yes, open to anyone. Just show up.

For directions and other info,
Here's a link to the strip's web page:

US 41

It's in Morocco, Indiana

Dana

03CobraRed

Established Member
Its really easy to get there I just cruise down 94 and get off at indianapolis blvd and go straight and you run into it basically!

blk96SVT

Established Member
Hey, I might be able to make it! I really want to go to the track. Only problem is that I have to work that day at 11. I might be able to make a couple of passes if I get there early enough. We will see!

Tim

hj16

Established Member
Holy Shitz!!! :thumbsup: :D

I'd probably show up, not sure if I'd want to run though. I have a friend that'd probably come, and run though. If you remember that Buick Regal at the meeting in Mokena, thats him. Except now he's running big tires, and a 100shot.

Helmets? How much to run? to watch?

Let me know if its okay.

Last edited:

03CobraRed

Established Member
You usually dont need helmets there or pretty much any safety equipment because they just dont care. You basically sign your life away when you go there !! Its good though because I ran a 12.4 there without a helmet, driveshaft loop or anything on nittos and they said HAVE FUN

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
hj16,
What 03Cob said
and
That is not my show down there, I am only passing along something I thought we might all be able to have fun at.
I was told everyone was welcome.
As far as cost, it will be determined by the number of people that show up. Probably around $25 or so, depends on the numbers, but it will be like having the track to yourself!
I don't have any more info on costs as far as spectators go, but I would guess that that would be little or nothing.

NO tech inspections, I was told.

Dana

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Looking forward to it since it will be great to get some runs in without waiting for hours in between each one.

I hope you get a good turnout and it would be cool to see a bunch of 03s running....stock and modded.

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
Can't make it that day. Can you can put me on your email list for upcoming gatherings?

Thanks,

WTW

Jpatte

Established Member
DANA's Time

Dana,

How did you do at the drag strip?

John Patterson

Maybe we can get together this weekend! May 17 or 18th

Last edited:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
It was rained out. I went and the track was closed.
No rain date has been rescheduled although this same group has a date reserved in September sometime.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread