Almost beat my first luxury car

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
On the way to a basketball game and I pulled up on a Bentley. Traffic, so it wasn't gonna happen but the little acceleration we did get I was in second and he took the hit and I spun from 3k rpm to 4200"ish" and was about to pull ahead. Had my 6'3 240lb "little" brother(I'm 6'1 280) in the car but his ass didn't help with traction. Either way I tried to follow behind him but it wasn't opening up.

Did a little research and It's the Bentley flying spur coupe(aka baby Bentley?). 4L twin turbo V8 all wheel drive, 7spd(?) Auto. Car was BEAUTIFUL! Guy had tint so couldn't see what his response was. Wanted to know whether he was surprised or not lol.

The kicker is the curb weight. 5300+ lbs! Definitely wanted to see how that would've turned out.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416974631786.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416974631786.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,040

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Another decade and a new Camry will weigh that. I agree it's a beautiful car, but I have no idea why it could possibly need to weigh that much.

Last edited:

mavisky

Established Member
Another decade and a new Camry will weigh that. I agree it's a beautiful car, but I have no idea why it could possibly need to weigh that much.

did you miss this part? "4L twin turbo V8 all wheel drive, 7spd(?) Auto". None of that equals lightweight, plus add in the real wood dash, huge power leather seats with heat and a/c, 18 airbags, 24 speaker stereo or whatever they come with, etc.... Luxury is heavy.

04svtterm

Established Member
man they are some gorgeous cars. They are heavy because they use actual material with lots of options. Far from a Camry lol

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
And there's another engine that can be chosen also. 616hp.W12. I'd imagine that it's an aluminum block and aluminum heads setup(obviously) but still that has to be another extra 50-100 lbs? Also while reading the article they mentioned that it lost nearly 110lbs.

kaz109

Established Member
man they are some gorgeous cars. They are heavy because they use actual material with lots of options. Far from a Camry lol

I better not see another god damn post from u until you have made your list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04svtterm

Established Member
I better not see another god damn post from u until you have made your list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!! i actually gave it some serious though on the drive to the office this morning. It's just so damn hard. there are some classics i would like, but it's not fair to leave out some of the game changing vehicles we have now. 10 just isn't enough. You have my word, i will finish this list. It's been a year since i started it lol.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
LOL!!!! i actually gave it some serious though on the drive to the office this morning. It's just so damn hard. there are some classics i would like, but it's not fair to leave out some of the game changing vehicles we have now. 10 just isn't enough. You have my word, i will finish this list. It's been a year since i started it lol.
Details on what this list is about. I mean it is my thread so I have to be nosey lol.

Users who are viewing this thread