Allot of small rock chips and scratches on hood, how to remove them?

fatboyq

Established Member
I just got a 96 cobra and when it got here from the shipping company it was real dirty and had allot of scratches. I washed the car and applied KIT scratch remover and then applied Turtle Wax Emerald series wax and buffed it all out with a old white cotton T shirt. I then applied Mothers show time shine and the car looks 10x better now.

I still have tiny rock chips all over the front hood and the front bumper and back bumper are faded out. Rest of the car is good.

How do I remove the rock chips?
What to do about the faded bumpers?

If I had money I would repaint the hood and both bumpers.

will wet sanding do anyting for me? if so how much does it cost? and what does wet sanding really do?

Thanks I'm new to all this stuff dont know jack about detailing.

spree

Established Member
fatboyq said:
and buffed it all out with a old white cotton T shirt.

:nono: Use quality microfiber towels please.

fatboyq said:
I still have tiny rock chips all over the front hood and the front bumper and back bumper are faded out. Rest of the car is good.

How do I remove the rock chips?

Touchup paint + wetsanding followed by a couple of passes of a buffer using SSR will take care of it.

fatboyq said:
What to do about the faded bumpers?

Clay bar it and follow that up with a good polish.

fatboyq

Established Member
Thanks for the great advice. If I were to get all this stuff done professionally done how much will it cost? wetsanding and touch up paint and buffing etc. I only have my hand as a tool no buffer or PC. I'm new to all this stuff and dont want to screw it up.

spree

Established Member
I'd say at least $150. You're better off buying your own equipment and doing it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread