Alledged 385 rwhp 6.0 GTO goes down

tv's 03

Established Member
I was stopped at a left turn stoplight, and a Silver 6.0 GTO 6 speed, with a loud exhaust throws a rev at me. I was quite surprized how well it did. We did rolls from about 40-100. Through 2nd I was only able to pull about 1 car and then in third I would continue to pull, but I expected more. Kudos to the driver, he was pushing in the clutch, flooring it and dumping the clutch to get a jump. I left my car in 2nd and just floored it, but was able to hold up to his jump and start pulling. Then on the last run I did the double clutch thing in second gear, and my car started lighting the tires and still pulled hard.

He said his car had bolt-ons and a tune. It said with just the bolt-ons it was 360 rwhp and the tune got him to 385. He has his wife or girlfriend in the car, and she seemed to be into the racing. She said when he threw the rev that it was probably just another mustang that would not race. They did not seem well informed on stangs, particularily the 03 cobra.

Last edited:

77triumph408

Established Member
Why do you say alleged 385 hp? with full boltons and a tune I would hope he could hit that. But good kill. Around here GTO drivers think they are the best thing on the road cuz its a GTO. Put a few down myself, I even got one with my GTP, he was an auto and spun, but hey a win is a win right? lol.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Guy up at the local hangout has a black one that has exhaust and a tune and it dynoed 370HP/370TQ at the rear wheels. They can deff make power. Either way good race. Its so funny to me how the 03 cobra has been out for 4 years now and there are still car enthusiast who mistake it for a regular GT.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have a custom dyno tune or just the Predator canned tune that you modified? None the less good kill!

tv's 03

Established Member
I actually used the canned performance tune, for a non-pullied cobra and adjusted the a/f and timing to get it to 11.9:1 a/f and 23 degrees of timing. I tried the pulley tune and could not get enough timing, and I did not like the pulley tunes transistion from part throttle to WOT. The performance tune works much better, but I am maxed on it fuel adjustment

I did it on Steigemeier's dyno. Bob told me not to waste my money on a custom tune, that what I did was perfect and that my car posted some of the best numbers he has seen on my combo. I made 461 at 5700 RPM on a 97 degree day

tv's 03

Established Member
grimreefer said:
He should've pulled a lot harder on a 385 rwhp GTO.

Well I was just flooring it in second, not exactly in the sweet spot, but third gear was pulling pretty good

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
if that GTO had every possible bolt on id expect it to have a little more power. but if it has basic bolt ons like a CB,CAI,LTs and a tune than 385 sounds right for an m6.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
ULTIMATE ORANGE SS said:
if that GTO had every possible bolt on id expect it to have a little more power. but if it has basic bolt ons like a CB,CAI,LTs and a tune than 385 sounds right for an m6.

I dont think anybody here would really disagree with that... I think what people are saying is that with almost 80 more rwhp and roughly the same weight he should have pulled harder. just my .02

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
tv's 03 said:
I actually used the canned performance tune, for a non-pullied cobra and adjusted the a/f and timing to get it to 11.9:1 a/f and 23 degrees of timing. I tried the pulley tune and could not get enough timing, and I did not like the pulley tunes transistion from part throttle to WOT. The performance tune works much better, but I am maxed on it fuel adjustment

I did it on Steigemeier's dyno. Bob told me not to waste my money on a custom tune, that what I did was perfect and that my car posted some of the best numbers he has seen on my combo. I made 461 at 5700 RPM on a 97 degree day

Damn, not bad at all :banana:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good kill man.. im also suprised more car people dont know what the terminator is.

tv's 03

Established Member
You should have seen the look on his face when I told him mine made 375 rwhp stock ;)

Bluegoat06

Cam Only LS2 Powered
Established Member
you should've pulled a lot harder given the power levels, but maybe starting in 2nd for you and him dumping the clutch from a roll made the difference.

i raced 03Sonicstang from this forum at the track (Milan Dragway) last year, he has an 03 Terminator, by the time we raced he had a CAI and Magnaflow CB, i had cai, LT headers, mufflers and x pipe. our cars were running neck and neck in the 4 runs we did, pretty much same 60's, ET's and traps. it was pretty fun measuring our cars performance that way.

my car dynoed 370rwhp 356rtwq on a mustang dyno with those mods, what is the average rwhp an average termi would make with a cai and cb ?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Bluegoat06 said:
my car dynoed 370rwhp 356rtwq on a mustang dyno with those mods, what is the average rwhp an average termi would make with a cai and cb ?
Sig numbers are from a dynojet at 5,600 miles. SOTP tells me there are another ten to twenty horses, at the wheels, now that it's completely broken in at 36,000 miles. Dyno was with a 10" Powerstack open cone and Flowmaster catback.

Users who are viewing this thread