all season tires-suggestions?

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
because i live in maine and summer is only about a month long i need all-season tires for my cobra. i've searched the web and this site but i can't make a decision on which ones to buy. any ideas? :beer:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Have a look on TireRack.com at these tires:

Avon Tech M550 A/S
BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S
Continental ContiExtremeContact
Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season
Kumho Ecsta ASX
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
Pirelli PZero Nero M&S
Sumitomo HTR+

Now from what I noticed by doing a quick comparison glance between these tires, the Continential tires seemed to stand out better (based on the ratings/score) for all seasons.

Toasty

Established Member
because i live in maine and summer is only about a month long i need all-season tires for my cobra. i've searched the web and this site but i can't make a decision on which ones to buy. any ideas? :beer:

Do you drive in the winter?

For wet/dry, my BFG KDW-2's have been awesome.

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
no-i don't drive in the winter at all. she gets put up on turkey day(thanksgiving) and comes back out on tax day. thanks for the suggestions, actually thought that i might get razzed about all-seasons on my cobra, but you guys-being from canada and all- you understand why i might need them. almost all performance summer tires say they should not be used in near freezing temps--thats most of the year for us!!!! thanks guys.:beer:

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
I had no problems using my Nitto 555's in below freezing temps. Sure, traction wasn't as good as when it's warm out, but they weren't bad either. I now have Hankook v4es A/S tires and really like them. I'm new to drag racing, and I cut a 2.1 60ft with them. Haven't used them in the winter, but overall I'm very pleased. If I go with another set of all seasons, it'll be the GY Eagle F1's. I've heard great things.

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
I run general uhp's and have found them to be very good and at a great price. They aren't going to be as good some of the brand name ones for all out traction but have a great tread if you get caught in the weather. My weather situation is probably the same as yours - unpredictable. Otherwise the east coast rocks:rockon:

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I'm in Nova Scotia, and i'm going with the BFG KDW. Size 255/40r17
I took my Mach out Friday, and usually put it back in the garage for winter around end of Sept.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
BFG KDW2 hands down... had the car out in the rain a few days ago and it held the road with 0 problems..

Toasty

Established Member
no-i don't drive in the winter at all. she gets put up on turkey day(thanksgiving) and comes back out on tax day. thanks for the suggestions, actually thought that i might get razzed about all-seasons on my cobra, but you guys-being from canada and all- you understand why i might need them. almost all performance summer tires say they should not be used in near freezing temps--thats most of the year for us!!!! thanks guys.:beer:

I just dont drive my car 6 months of the year. Seriously.

The other 6 months, our temps are 20-35 Celsius (65-95F), with July/August being the hottest.

Now when I drive my car late into the fall here (mid-late Oct), there can be many mornings where the temps are just above freezing. I've had zero issues with my KDW2's in these situations. I simply dont get on the gas as hard.

Toasty

Established Member
I'm in Nova Scotia, and i'm going with the BFG KDW. Size 255/40r17
I took my Mach out Friday, and usually put it back in the garage for winter around end of Sept.

The snow *finally* melted over the past week and a half. A very late spring for us here in Calgary. The problem now is the enormous amount of sand/small sized gravel on the streets left over from wintertime sanding of icy roads. The city wont have the street cleaners out until the May long weekend, so I usually hold off taking my car out until then.

Users who are viewing this thread