All of these war threads...

04 Redline

Established Member
Kinda long, but chime in on what you think.
I studied history in college and came to this conclusion of the human race.
We are war driven people. We live for conflict, revel in power, and crave more. It may be seen as a flaw in today's times, but unfortunatly it is survival. We are extremely territorial and protective of what we think is ours.

Forget religion for one second. As the human species evolved, we were not the strongest species around. There were other types of "humans" around, who shared some traits with the homosapian species, and in turn had to survive in many of the same ways. The most known rival to the homosapians of course were the neanderthals (spelling?). Although they were stronger physically than the homosapians, they lacked the cerebrum. The Sapians then designed tools/weapons to defeat the stronger foes, and adopted more efficient survival methods. So, they were eliminated by the sapians as they most likely were considered competition.

As is soon came to be as the Sapians were the only human species around, clans or tribes sprang, being led by superiors. So, in turn those unwilling to fight decided to venture off and create/lead their own.

I consider us to be animals who are territorial. It is an instinct that we all posses because we would not be here unless it was present. Jealousy, rage, adrenaline, love, and pride.

Wars will not stop. They won't. As an established society, it is difficult for us to understand this because of all that we have. Our ancesters fought the fight for us and have given us this land of milk and honey of America. I despise war, even cowardish resorts of it (terrorism), but the simple fact is we got it right here and over there it is not. The balance of freedom and order is correct within reason in America, but lacking elsewhere.

If we ignore what is happening in the mid east, insurgents will grow to the point to where they would threaten the freedom of the U.S. As superior as we are to all armed forces, if we were ganged up on by many, we would not prevail. Maybe our efforts are alturistic in the sense that if we need backup, we deserve it, but the U.S. is simply just trying to protect our interests. I fully support our President and the decisons he makes, and despise all who openly mock him as if they can do the job better. Nobody ever sits back and really thinks of the responsibility that rests on his decisions. Do you honestly think he enjoys sending young men and women to war knowing that some may not return home? Is he starting a war just so he can get in the history books?

I do think that we have been over there for a while, but the reason is because it is so f'ed up! We are the leaders of the world, and it is the duty of the leader to find a solution. I have lost some to the war in Iraq, and it is sad. So, what does everyone think we should do? Sit back and let dangerous minds build in power and assult mighty America? Bomb our schools, airports, or mass metropolitan areas that your family could be at?

As I said earlier, I am not an advocate of war, I am just loyal to those who are willing to protect me. None of us know the true details to this battle, so don't chime as if you have the answer. Just shut the hell up and support those who are willing to do what you don't have the balls to. Does anyone agree with this?
Sorry for the long read.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
I've got my degree in military history and believe most of what you said is right. War will exsist so long as their are men to fight it.

Users who are viewing this thread