ALL NEW FLUIDS FOR MY 04’

DaveRcobra

I recently bought a 04’. Im wanting to change all the fluids. I already know what I’m using for coolant, engine oil, power steering fluid, and brake fluid. I’m looking for recommendations for supercharger, rear diff, and transmission. Any feedback would be much appreciated!!

I’m also looking for a factory front license plate bracket.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I recently bought a 04’. Im wanting to change all the fluids. I already know what I’m using for coolant, engine oil, power steering fluid, and brake fluid. I’m looking for recommendations for supercharger, rear diff, and transmission. Any feedback would be much appreciated!!

I’m also looking for a factory front license plate bracket.

GM Supercharger fluid for the blower (same as the Ford stuff but way cheaper). I have a different trans and rear so can't really help you there, I like Amsoil for most stuff though.

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
For the Transmission i would recommend regular Non Synthetic Dexron III. I put some synthetic ATF in mine and it shifted rough, I put regular stuff back in it and it shifted way smoother. If you don't mind spending some more Money then Syncromesh is great in these tranny's

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm currently running Synchromesh in my trans and it doesn't shift any better than when I ran Coastal brand ATF. When the time comes to drain it I'll save the few bucks and go back to Coastal.

For the rear end just make sure it's the 75w-140 synthetic. And double check if it has friction modifier in it. No need to add more if there's already some in the fluid.

Skip the stock plate holder. Especially if your bumper doesn't have holes yet.

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/product/2004-satin-black-mustang-bracket/

DaveRcobra

I'm currently running Synchromesh in my trans and it doesn't shift any better than when I ran Coastal brand ATF. When the time comes to drain it I'll save the few bucks and go back to Coastal.

For the rear end just make sure it's the 75w-140 synthetic. And double check if it has friction modifier in it. No need to add more if there's already some in the fluid.

Skip the stock plate holder. Especially if your bumper doesn't have holes yet.

1999-2004 Mustang Bracket
Thank you for the info, as far as the front plate holder goes, my state requires it and the local cops are hard up for it. Plus the holes are already in the bumper.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Thank you for the info, as far as the front plate holder goes, my state requires it and the local cops are hard up for it. Plus the holes are already in the bumper.
Sucks about the holes. The link I posted takes you to a bracket that doesn't require holes. It's the one I use on my car.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Rear end is a little more than most.
cover has to be removed

The center section should be pulled to do properly.

The cover is a common problem on this car breaking loose and leaking.

many threads on updated cover and type of gasket.

Venom351R

Established Member

My state requires it as well. Mine does not have any plate holes, will not get any plate holes, and will not get a front plate. Admittedly its not too much of an issue around here unless you run into a cop that has a stick shoved way up there. But in that case I'd just tell him to give me the ticket and I'm still not putting a plate on it.

Users who are viewing this thread