All lights sometimes flicker and get real bright

First-on-race-day

Established Member
So i have inspected all my charging system cables i found that the output post that goes on the alternator was halfway melted. So i replaced it but im still experiencing the flashing lights. Has anyone had similar issues? Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2004 Culebra

Established Member
I recall several years ago, I had the same issue. It started with the flickering of lights especially when I was mashing on the gas and bumping the stereo with amps. It was followed by hard starts, then no start... Turned out to be the alternator. Back then the cobra was my daily driver and I was stuck traveling for work when it finally gave out.

They couldn’t find a repalcement so they rebuilt the alternator. It has been working for 6 years + now, however I do get the dimming/ flickering lights. I am chalking it up to the alternator. Maybe I should get a upgraded one but nothing yet has urged me to go down that path. I can live with a little dimming and no longer have the amp connected.

First-on-race-day

Established Member
I recall several years ago, I had the same issue. It started with the flickering of lights especially when I was mashing on the gas and bumping the stereo with amps. It was followed by hard starts, then no start... Turned out to be the alternator. Back then the cobra was my daily driver and I was stuck traveling for work when it finally gave out.

They couldn’t find a repalcement so they rebuilt the alternator. It has been working for 6 years + now, however I do get the dimming/ flickering lights. I am chalking it up to the alternator. Maybe I should get a upgraded one but nothing yet has urged me to go down that path. I can live with a little dimming and no longer have the amp connected.
Thanks dude

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread