All forged 97 Gt Anderson Texas

ShortShift

Established Member
The time has come for me to part with my Mustang. I am 32yrs old, and my priorities have changed. The Mustang is no longer practical. I have owned it for about 2.5 yrs, and have driven it daily since I purchased it. It has been a good, reliable car with no serious problems. The oil pan gasket leaks, and has a small coolant leak. I had the car tuned by Stricly Performance, but the engine pings under WOT. Also sometimes the idle races on its own, but if the key is turned off and then back on it idles back down. I am not sure if it is tune related, or something else. The odometer is inop since about August of '05 shows 111k but probably has a little less that 130k. And the C/D player doesnt work. I did install a Cold Fusion wet kit on the car, but the bottle has never been filled. I did spray the car while tuning it at Stricly, but didnt have any nitrous so we used their bottle, but it wasn't full. So we werent able to get true number that the car made on nitrous. It did make 301hp on the motor, I dont remember the torque, and I lost the dyno sheets that Stricly gave me. I am only selling the car, because I bought another truck, and just dont need the car. I live in Anderson Tx, and dont have a street racing scene or a track nearby. I have been toying with the idea of getting rid of the car for about a year. The car is a great car. I would drive it anywhere. I need $8k for the car, but would entertain any reasonable offer.

Rio Red '97 GT with the following:

ENGINE:
-Houston Performance forged shortblock (windsor block, forged crank, forged rods, forged pistons, frpp high volume oil pump, all arp hardware throughout).
-ported PI heads with compcam valvesprings
-Houston Performance blower cams
-Bullitt intake manifold
-Steeda pullies
-EGR stuff removed

Exhaust:
-bbk longtubes
-bbk offroad h
-mac catback

Drivetrain:
-Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
-McCleod Disc/ FMS heavy duty pressure plate
-Tremec T45 tranny from D&D
-Steeda Triax shifter
-FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft w/ HPM loop
-axle tubes and torque boxes welded
-31 spline superior axles
-31 spline eaton diff
-svo diff cover
-3.73:1 gears

Suspension:
-Steeda Springs
-Tokico Struts/Shocks
-Steeda c/c plates
-Steeda subframes w/ crossbrace
-PST front end bushing kit
-SVO upper control arms
-'02 GT lower control arms

Misc:
-24 lb injectors
-190 lph intank pump
-frpp plug wires
-accel coil packs
-'98 PCM
-Diablo flip chip
-180 tstat
-white face gauges
-shift lite mounted on steering column.
-battery relocated in trunk (taylor box w/ beefy stereo cable)
-Clear headlights
-Cobra front bumper
-removed rear wing (holes filled and painted)
-Cold Fusion wet kit
-17X9 Chrome Cobra R replicas
-275/40r17s (needs new rears)

These are pics, from about a year ago, and will post more in the next few days.

http://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds/data/3/7352P5220363-large.JPG

http://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds/data/3/7352P5220362-large.JPG

http://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds/data/3/7352P5220368-large.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread