All 11-14 intake manifolds NOT the same....

5lho

Established Member
Having destroyed my factory intake manifold in, let's say, a tuning mishap, I believed that all these intakes were the same and bought a take-off one from Ebay. I have a very late '14 automatic with the weird one '15 cylinder head and one '14 casting.

The two manifolds ARE different, as I found when attempting install.

The photos explain. The reinforcing ribbing is much larger on the 11-? IM and cut back on the 14 IM, probably to clear the 15 head's straighter flanges. It doesn't look unmodifiable to fit but, now I need to surgery the mani, when I hoped it would drop on.

Another thing confusing me is, as I took the manifold off without labelling, duh, there is a large hose connection at the back of the intake (similar to pcv hose fittings at the front) but, I've got nothing to connect to it, it seems. There is a strange loop of vac hose back there that goes down to the trans but, it won't fit over that fitting and doesn't seem to have anywhere to go, either. The 14 mani has the same fitting so, it must have done something??? Anybody let me know what both things are?

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I Know this isn't about the intake, but just as important to know= I just assembled another 5.0 (13' block) and found that the timing chain tensioners and the crank gear were much cheaper for the 15+ models, so I purchased them for my build, ...they are VERY thin/lightweight ,they may work fine but not for my TT ,starting to get very cheap. My 11-14 crank gear weighs twice as much and my 11-14 tensioners weigh at least 3 times as much.

Users who are viewing this thread