alky control meth kit

13DIB5.0

Established Member
have done alittle searching and this kit looks to be the best one on the market, has anyone here used this kit on their boosted coyote? what where your gains? easy install? im torn between doing this or going e85, but I only have one e85 pump 30 mins from me and honestly don't think the stock bottom end would handle it., opinions? thanks guys

Justin81

Established Member
I have it on my 04 turbo gt. Honestly, I just don't trust it. I would love to change that car over to e-85 someday.

Buster

Established Member
Im running the AIS kit on my car and it works well. A properly tuned alky kit running straight methanol will perform just as well as E85. Every car is different but on my last two 8 second street cars E85 was safe to around 28 PSI. As for a fail safe check out AEM failsafe wideband gauge.

AEM Wideband O2 Air/Fuel Gauges, Inline UEGO and AEM X-WiFi - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics

For my turbo car I plan to add a simple 60 PSI hobbs switch inline to activate my boost controller. I have a two stage boost controller, the first stage is set to 12 PSI and second will be set to 30 PSI, the pressure in the alky line will trigger the boost controller and activate the second stage 30 PSI. I tried this a few years back with a shurflo pump and it didn't work as the pump pulsed ( turning the boost controler on and off with each pulse) but my new pump from AIS is internally regulated and it doesn't seem to have this pulse.

I've never ran the alky control kit but I know its a great kit and the owner knows his stuff, he has a mid 8 second mustang running on pump gas/alky.

itSSlow98

Established Member
AIS kit here with no complaints at all(03 cobra but it makes no difference). Im doing E85 in the spring because like its been said its another thing that can fail. They are very reliable when installed correctly but ive been down the road of blown motors so im gonna try and avoid that again at all costs. Closest e85 station to me is an hour so Ill have to store a 55 gallon drum at my house.

Turbosixx

Established Member
Ran Alkycontrol kits on my Buicks for years. Even went a best of 10.12@133 on 93 octane. Very reliable kit. The owner uses his kit to run 8's on pump gas.

I'd like to use one on my coyote but I don't think any tuner wants to fool with it. From my experiences it's normal to see ambient iat's crossing the finish line, no knock with 30 psi, and very low injector duty cycle. Methanol injection is very popular in the turbo Buick community.

13DIB5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the info yall, how do yall feel about turning it up a few psi or adding timing on stock internals with either meth or e85?

D1coyote

Established Member
I run the Alky Control kit on my car. Loaded dynocom dyno at 15 psi it made 650 rwhp on 93 and 713 rwhp with meth. This was same day dyno tuning. I run VP M1 meth, no water mix.

Justin81

Established Member
I agree the owner is a wealth of knowledge. I had to call him a few times when my kit gave me problems (not his fault). He was shooting out answers as if he knew the questions before I even called.

The thing is, you're relying on a pump, a brain, a communication cable, a very special color changing l.e.d. light and a voltage box for pressure. Any of these components can fail at any given time causing a severe detonation or even an entire meltdown of your motor. Now granite, if you're are careful, and pay attention to the kit at all times, you will hopefully catch any issues before it's too late. I race with one eye on the light and 1 eye on the track. My kit runs straight VP M1 also.

Users who are viewing this thread