Alignment question following lowering my car.

Spiney

Established Member
I've finally got all the parts and will be lowering my 96 Cobra probably 1.5". Using H&R springs, Bilstein shocks & struts, Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates, new urethane isolators, and Golden West Suspensions full length sub frame connectors.

The local performance tire shop charges $69 for 4 wheel alignment and yes they know the car will be lowered.

The local Bear alignment shop that specializes in alignment & suspension quoted me about $125.

Should I suspect the same job from both? I want it done right and will have spent close to $1000 on parts and labor. I don't want to cheap out on the alignment, but I don't want to waster money either. Thanks, Dave

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Be prepared to need more than just C/C plates, like tilting the front spindles down by slotting the top spindle mounting holes on the side of the struts, to get the camber squared away.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Camber bolts and call it a day. Send the cc plates back if you're not competitively running open track events or drag racing where castor needs a big adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread