Alignment needed?

The $6 Man

Dopetastic K. Shizzle
Established Member
Is an alignment needed after replacing the lower ball joints? I won't be unbolting any of the control arm bolts on the suspension, so I was thinking it wouldn't be necessary, but i'm no suspension expert!

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Is an alignment needed after replacing the lower ball joints? I won't be unbolting any of the control arm bolts on the suspension, so I was thinking it wouldn't be necessary, but i'm no suspension expert!
It depends.....
Was your last alignment done while sitting on worn out ball joints or fresh ones?

The $6 Man

Dopetastic K. Shizzle
Established Member
It depends.....
Was your last alignment done while sitting on worn out ball joints or fresh ones?

I will be getting an alignment. I was going to change the upper control arms/ball joints using the adjustable cam bolts/washers and get it immediately aligned after that. I've ordered the lower ball joints and they haven't arrived yet, so I was wondering if I should wait until after both. I was going to change the uppers today, but I couldn't get the puller underneath the upper ball joint dust shield to grab on the knuckle unless I just break the plastic cover off. Anybody know the part number for the dust shield for the upper ball joints?

Users who are viewing this thread