Alcohol in College

PSI87

Banned
I did a little research via Facebook on my future roommates. Apparently they enjoy hosting parties. I have no intentions of drinking anytime soon, but what kind of liability do I have towards their underage guests? I really don't want to be faced with any problems because of the actions of others.

Thanks.

PSI87

Banned
Well, I'm 19 so kicking myself out isn't going to work. I thought about leaving but I don't really have anywhere to go unless I drive 3hrs back to daytona. I was hoping you might say staying in my room with the door shut would be sufficent.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
PSI87 said:
Well, I'm 19 so kicking myself out isn't going to work. I thought about leaving but I don't really have anywhere to go unless I drive 3hrs back to daytona. I was hoping you might say staying in my room with the door shut would be sufficent.

you'll be fine... :shrug:

its hard to party in a dorm anyway

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
PSI87 said:

Actually staying in your dorm room should be sufficient. I would have a talk with your roommates about that before anything occurs as well.

good luck.

cody_288

Established Member
Well in my apartment, staying in my room is not sufficient. My non drinking roommate had the balls to ask our RA while my other roommate and I are standing there if he can get in trouble if there is alcohol outside in the living room or another persons room. All three of us are in trouble if another is caught. My 3rd roommate (4 bedroom apartment) is 23 and he is allowed to have alcohol, as long as it stays in his room. If it comes out then all three of us underage individuals are in trouble. Buuuuuuuuuttttttttttt, we are quiet and havent been caught.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
cody_288 said:
Well in my apartment, staying in my room is not sufficient. My non drinking roommate had the balls to ask our RA while my other roommate and I are standing there if he can get in trouble if there is alcohol outside in the living room or another persons room. All three of us are in trouble if another is caught. My 3rd roommate (4 bedroom apartment) is 23 and he is allowed to have alcohol, as long as it stays in his room. If it comes out then all three of us underage individuals are in trouble. Buuuuuuuuuttttttttttt, we are quiet and havent been caught.

Your RA is not the Police, or not that you indicated anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread