Alcoas and Nittos

Kel

Established Member
Setting up an appt. to get some mods done here shortly and the shop recommended Nitto Invo 285/30-20 for the 20 x 9 Alcoa fronts and NT05R 315/35-20 for the 20 x 10 Alcoa rears (car is not lowered). Curious if anyone is running that combo or similar? Any comments about tire bulge, etc? Not a DD and likely won't see much/any rain and not a 1/4 miler either (very infrequently). Thanks.

paluka21

Established Member
Even with your rear centered properly with an adjustable panhard bar, you will have some sidewall bulge stick out from either side of your car. I have 305's on 10" alcoa's and have some sidewall tire bulge which protrudes past the fenders ever so slightly. Not a big deal unless the suspension gets compressed where the tire would contact the fender lip.

SVT_28

Established Member
My rim and tire setup is 20x9 front and 20x10.5 rear with Nitto Invo 255/35/20 front and 295/35/20 rear(I don't have alcoas though). This setup is as close to "squared" as you can get I think, meaning there is no bulge and no stretch. 315s on a 10" rim is too much bulge in my opinion as well as 285 on 9" rim. I think what the shop told you is what the max recommended tire size is for those rims. I wouldn't put over 305 in the rear. Just doesn't look good, too much tire.

Kel

Established Member
Thanks, guys, I'm thinking it's too much tire as well. He builds/races all kinds and I'm thinking he's recommending based more on performance, ie getting every last HP to the ground with the max tire size available. Sent an Email to DTD, but haven't heard back on their recommendation on tire size/brand. I have the TPMS for the 11-12 cars which are lower speed rated than the 13/14 cars, I recall needing those, is that correct or do you reuse your TPMS? I'm not in a huge hurry and want to get this right, appreciate the input.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
No way.

I am running Invo 275/35 on 9" front and 315/35 on 11" rear and the sidewalls look square and even. That is on 11" rear. No way yours will look right. I also undersand Alcoas push way out and you have to be careful with taller sidewalls or they rub. There are a lot of threads on this.

From memory, I believe 255 or 266 front and 285 rear works well. Maybe 295 rear on Invo. Invos run narrow. If you go MPSS remember they run large.

Tom

Kel

Established Member
No way.

I am running Invo 275/35 on 9" front and 315/35 on 11" rear and the sidewalls look square and even. That is on 11" rear. No way yours will look right. I also undersand Alcoas push way out and you have to be careful with taller sidewalls or they rub. There are a lot of threads on this.

From memory, I believe 255 or 266 front and 285 rear works well. Maybe 295 rear on Invo. Invos run narrow. If you go MPSS remember they run large.

Tom

Tom, thanks for the comments. I was going to go MPSS, but can't find them, like most on here. I thought those Nitto sizes were a little too big for the 9" & 10" Alcoas...any thoughts on sizes with Invo's up front NT05R's in back? Posted on DTD's section, but haven't heard back on their recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread