Alcoa wheels - 265/35/20 front, 285/35/20 rear?

KKOSH

Established Member
Wondering if this would work on a lowered 07GT500 convertible. I can't seem to find anyone that is running this. Anyone out there with these or have any input. I am going to get the Michelin Pilot SS

Thanks!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Wondering if this would work on a lowered 07GT500 convertible. I can't seem to find anyone that is running this. Anyone out there with these or have any input. I am going to get the Michelin Pilot SS

Thanks!

yes they will fit just fine with no issues at all. 285 is what the super snake came on (lol).

you can also run 275 up front for more cushion and a more balanced look. if you prefer more of a muscle car rake, go with 255 or 265 :beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
yes they will fit just fine with no issues at all. 285 is what the super snake came on (lol).

you can also run 275 up front for more cushion and a more balanced look. if you prefer more of a muscle car rake, go with 255 or 265 :beer:

Actually the Super Snake came with a 255 Pirelli P Zero on the front 9" Alcoa and a 275 Pirelli P Zero on the rear 10" Alcoa.

I always wondered why they (Shelby) added 225hp to my car, reduced the front rim width to 9" from 9.5" oem and added 1/2" to the rear rim (9.5" to 10") but reduced the rear rubber from the oem 285 to a smaller 275????

R

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

Thanks!

Actually the Super Snake came with a 255 Pirelli P Zero on the front 9" Alcoa and a 275 Pirelli P Zero on the rear 10" Alcoa.

I always wondered why they (Shelby) added 225hp to my car, reduced the front rim width to 9" from 9.5" oem and added 1/2" to the rear rim (9.5" to 10") but reduced the rear rubber from the oem 285 to a smaller 275????

R

oh yeah. duh, and here i was giving them the benefit of the doubt going with a 285 lol :bash:

its funny that my front tires are as big as the standard SS rear tires! :burnout:

KKOSH

Established Member
I couldn't understand why they went to 275 at the back either. Hoping it will work and look good?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I couldn't understand why they went to 275 at the back either. Hoping it will work and look good?

because of the offset and width of the wheels. too big of a tire and the sidewall bulge will be at risk of hitting the fenders. they need to make sure that never happens on a car they have to warranty. im sure a 285 will be just fine as well but they probably also had deals worked out to carry a specific tire and not all tires come in all sizes. either way just dumb lol. seems they were more concenrned with dyno/bragging rights and looks then making the car actually hook up.

seems like they got their act together with the new SS cars :idea:
but then they go and use a wheel that many people arent liking lol.

Users who are viewing this thread