Alcoa DuraBrite Question

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
SO I curbed a wheel.... :nonono:Yep Fricking sucks. Had it fixed except for the fact that they polished the damn wheel not realizing the finish it had on it. So does anyone know if I can pay Alcoa a bunch of $$ to repeat the Durabrite process on it? Its really almost impossible to notice the difference..But I know its off a little so it bothers the SH%$ outta me. Anyone know? Ive tried several times to get someone on the phone from Alcoa with no luck. Thanks.

MichaelFreedman

Established Member
I talked to them a while ago. They wouldn't even consider it. Said to buy a new one which as we know is out of the question. If you do a search on teamshelby there is a guy who had one polished then clear powder costed by a guy in NJ and he said it was perfect. He charges $225 I think. Not durabrite unfortunately.

Imatk

Established Member
Yeah Alcoa isn't going to help you out unfortunately.

Who did you have repair it? And how much is it off?

I'd be interested in seeing a picture.

It seems like the "durabrite" thing is some sort of clear coat, I don't see how it can be that different from a regular clear.

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
Ill try an post some pics up when I get some time... I would almost have to tell someone to look to notice it. but it bothers me. A good friend of mine has a powdercoat buisness, I might check with him to see if he offers a clearcoat.. It would scare the hell out of me to put that wheel into bake though not knowing the end result.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I powder coated mine and Shelby offered a powder coating option (satin black) - you'll be fine.

Imatk

Established Member
Ill try an post some pics up when I get some time... I would almost have to tell someone to look to notice it. but it bothers me. A good friend of mine has a powdercoat buisness, I might check with him to see if he offers a clearcoat.. It would scare the hell out of me to put that wheel into bake though not knowing the end result.

Yeah I'd really be interested since I curbed one of mine as well, and was thinking of getting it repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread