Albertans!

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Hey guys,
Just seeing how many of you are from Alberta and where abouts.
I live down in the south end of Calgary myself.

Ryan.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
I just wanted to get an idea. It would be fun to get a bunch of guys together in the summer. I'd like to see some other cobra's, hear some different exhaust setups and so on.

ssssvt

Established Member
04 cobra

What do you guys know about an 04 black cobra that was purchased in Airdrie and belonged to a guy that worked in a muffler shop in Calgary or in Airdrie? What mods were on the car? Thanks ahead.

04torchred

Established Member
ssssvt said:
What do you guys know about an 04 black cobra that was purchased in Airdrie and belonged to a guy that worked in a muffler shop in Calgary or in Airdrie? What mods were on the car? Thanks ahead.

No idea. There were a two black 04 cobra's when I purchased mine from Cam Clark in Airdrie, but they were verts and bone stock.

04torchred

Established Member
Outlaw said:
Im in Edmonton :pepper:
Mods?? My little bro has an 03 Mach 1(black) with BBK LT's/ BBK O/R X, Maggie catback, JLT RAI, Xcal2 tune by HBH, MGW shifter.
Be fun to get some Mach's together with the Cobras and have some fun cruising and what not.

Last edited:

ssssvt

Established Member
O1 Cobra

Hey Albertans, I have an O1 black Cobra for sale, if you know anyone interested. 15000 kms, mint. Much nicer than the silver one at, is it Metro Ford in Calgary.

Last edited:

compcobra

Established Member
Clyde Alberta, about 45 min north of Edmonton.
sssvt what part of Sask are you from?

Last edited:

compcobra

Established Member
The fiore adjuster works really well. The steeda quick release quadrant is a different story. With the quick release, the adjuster is backed out so far that the stock clutch cable flange is hitting the valve cover. Other than that it shifts really well and clutch effort did not increase a whole bunch. I am not impressed that there is no clearance with the valve cover so I ordered the fiore quadrant to go with the adjuster. Some members on this site do have clearance at the valve cover with this set up, but with what I have researched most do not. Hopefully the non quick release quad fixes my problem! Definetely good to see fellow Albertans! :beer:

04torchred

Established Member
compcobra said:
The fiore adjuster works really well. The steeda quick release quadrant is a different story. With the quick release, the adjuster is backed out so far that the stock clutch cable flange is hitting the valve cover. Other than that it shifts really well and clutch effort did not increase a whole bunch. I am not impressed that there is no clearance with the valve cover so I ordered the fiore quadrant to go with the adjuster. Some members on this site do have clearance at the valve cover with this set up, but with what I have researched most do not. Hopefully the non quick release quad fixes my problem! Definetely good to see fellow Albertans! :beer:

Good to know about the Steeda piece. Maybe I will grab the fiore quadrant instead of it. Are you still running the stock clutch? I am thinking about a RAM or Centerforce with a 26 spline input.

compcobra

Established Member
Yes i am still running the stock clutch. I am hoping to put a new centerforce clutch and also a 26 spline input shaft in next winter.

compcobra

Established Member
ssssvt said:
I am in Saskatoon.

I am originally from Biggar which is an hour west of Saskatoon. I also bought my car at Jubilee Ford. Glad to see there are some cobras back home!

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
compcobra said:
I am originally from Biggar which is an hour west of Saskatoon. I also bought my car at Jubilee Ford. Glad to see there are some cobras back home!

Homies, I grew up in Regina.

Biggar - the wife and I collect coins and she always wants to trade me for my Biggar (Hanson) coin. Do they still sell them in town?

I tried to buy my Cobra at Jubilee but they woudln't sell it to me at the X-plan price so I bought it out East.

compcobra

Established Member
I think all the hanson coins are gone. Jubillee wouldn't deal on the 04 but they would have on a 03. I was stuck on getting competition orange! I still got 0% financing and a 1000 dollar rebate, so I was still relatively happy.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
compcobra said:
I think all the hanson coins are gone. Jubillee wouldn't deal on the 04 but they would have on a 03. I was stuck on getting competition orange! I still got 0% financing and a 1000 dollar rebate, so I was still relatively happy.

When did you get your car? They never had Orange when I was looking or I think I would have chose that color.

compcobra

Established Member
I purchased my car August 8th 2004. I just about bought a 10th anniversary silver cobra but the orange caught my eye more and the 0% was a big selling feature. There was no 0 % on 03 cobras at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread