Alaskans for Global Warming!

Husky44

Established Member
First drive of the new year tonight!:banana:
Highways are clear and dry, over 40 degrees, wife's out of town, and a guy has to eat, right? Took the Shelby to Wasilla for a salad at Red Robin (Sarah Palin can see my car from her back yard).

Man I've missed this thing! Winter is probably not over yet, but I'll take the short reprieve. Normally I can't get my summer toys out before April 1.

ordered the 3.73s last night too. Should have them on in a week or so. :rockon:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Congrats, Husky!

A couple of days worth of ~60' weather have permitted me to drive mine this week too. Unfortunately, another blast of winter (with up to 10" of wind-driven snow) is on the way tomorrow night and Saturday...

Husky44

Established Member
Well, the most exciting part was getting up the driveway. I have a bit of a hill...

Apparently it only takes a glaze of frozen stuff 3 molecules thick to take the last bit of traction from the GYs, and the nannies can't overcome that. Two hours of scraping, and she's back in the garage. We're supposed to be in the 40s all night, so by tomorrow afternoon when I get home, it should be in good shape!

If I had it to do all over again--I WOULD! Man I love this car!

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Congrats, Husky!

A couple of days worth of ~60' weather have permitted me to drive mine this week too. Unfortunately, another blast of winter (with up to 10" of wind-driven snow) is on the way tomorrow night and Saturday...

Nice! I get upset with a week of crappy snow that prevents me from driving my Shelby..LOL..I don't know how you do it.

You'll love those 3.73's!

Husky44

Established Member
Nice! I get upset with a week of crappy snow that prevents me from driving my Shelby..LOL..I don't know how you do it.

You'll love those 3.73's!
You do it by going out in the garage every once in a while and starting it up. There's something erotic about pulling the cover off the car after you haven't seen it in a while. But that's a part of the reason I'm planning on moving south this summer!

BD, you were a major part of my reasoning for doing the 3.73 swap. I swapped my 95 from 3.08s to 3.73s, and really liked the improvement. I was thinking it would be just about the perfect gear set for this car too, but you pushed me over the edge. Your reviews and feedback help a lot more of us than you know. Won't be going to quite the extreme you have with your car, but appreciate knowing what you've done, and how you like it. Thanks!

ford13

Established Member
Got a big storm here Husky. Snowed in pretty tight still. I'm jealous though. I do agree that seeing the car for the first time in a while is something special.

ILW84U

Established Member
You do it by going out in the garage every once in a while and starting it up. There's something erotic about pulling the cover off the car after you haven't seen it in a while.

I find the easiest way is to put it away in the fall & don't even look at it until spring. The only problem is going on the forum & reading about all the guys driving theirs all winter. :mj:

ford13

Established Member
I parked the car in mid November. My dad went and started it last month when the temp was around 0 degrees. I haven't seen it since I parked it.

Husky44

Established Member
I parked mine in late OCT (goal is always to drive at least into NOV; got caught the last week of OCT with mine at work when it started snowing--went home early that day!). I didn't put it completely away immediately, because I needed to change oil, detail, etc. Didn't get to that until early DEC, at which point I decided not to do a full winterize, so I would have to start it every month or so, warm up to operating temps, roll it around some, etc--OK, so I didn't have to...

There's something about grabbing hold of the bottom edge of that cover, and pulling it up over the rear bumper, feeling how smooth the paint is as it glides up and over, showing the first glimpse of that silky-smooth skin... :uh oh:

Anyway, I really enjoyed it. :D

BIRDDOC

Established Member
You do it by going out in the garage every once in a while and starting it up. There's something erotic about pulling the cover off the car after you haven't seen it in a while. But that's a part of the reason I'm planning on moving south this summer!

BD, you were a major part of my reasoning for doing the 3.73 swap. I swapped my 95 from 3.08s to 3.73s, and really liked the improvement. I was thinking it would be just about the perfect gear set for this car too, but you pushed me over the edge. Your reviews and feedback help a lot more of us than you know. Won't be going to quite the extreme you have with your car, but appreciate knowing what you've done, and how you like it. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! I have a fun time doing reviews on all
the mods as well.

It's funny on those crappy weather weeks I go in my garage
to pull the cover off too! LOL! Erotic is a good way to describe it.

Last edited:

Husky44

Established Member
Well, that was fun while it lasted. Woke up to 3" of white stuff this morning. Still falling.

After this post Thursday night, I did get to run around in it on Friday, and took another road trip yesterday. All total, I put about 300 miles on her this weekend. I'm headed south Monday night for a week, so if we're going to get winter's last blast, this is the week to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread