Alarms?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
No alarm comes from the factory stock. It has the PATS (Passive Anti-theft System) system on it. That's it. The key fob thing is for the door locks and the trunk.

Dana

boostm3

Established Member
>> It has the PATS (Passive Anti-theft System) system on it. That's it<<

Any blinking red warining lights or anything like that? Is there a ford Dealer Installed type alarm guys can get at time of delivery? Or do most guys live with the PATS system.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
"Is there a ford Dealer Installed type alarm guys can get at time of delivery? Or do most guys live with the PATS system."

The PATS system will prevent the car from being started, but that's all.

It's really up to you. If the dealer will throw it in for almost nothing, then go for it. Otherwise, get it installed afterward. Why let them make more money on you then they already are?

There is a tiny red icon "theft" that blinks on the dashboard, but that is only to tell you the PATS system is working correctly.
Dana

boostm3

Established Member
Aw, Id probably live with the Pats sysem. BMW doesnt come with one either, but almost every buys a Dealer installed bmw alarm at time of delivery. they usually clip you for around 500 bucks for it. I got it, but I realize now that nothing like that is ever going to stop a thief (or a good repo man...anybody see the TLC program last night and I think today on Repo men? Pretty funny. Just make sure you keep those payments up!).

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
LoJack is a theft recovery system, if your area supports it. Regardless of alarm, thieves can tow your car...

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
If the bad guys really want your ride, they'll get it no matter what measures you take. All these things really do is decrease your chances of becoming a victim.
Dana

Users who are viewing this thread