alarms going off!!!!

cobra196

svt poster
Established Member
about a week ago my alarm decides to go off at 430 am i unlock it then lock it with the clicker nd it goes off a few seconds later. Few days go by i been locking with and without the alarm set, then 5 am alarm goes off. almost a week goes by of me locking it again with and without the alram set. today i lock my car alarm is set with in a minute the alarm sounds so i lock it without the alarm. jst got home locked it to see wat happens alarm again with in a minute. i never had problems with the alarm or pats system had the car for 5yrs

any i deas on what it could be???

im thinking one of these but not sure

1. keyless remote battery maybe low

2. it has been getting colder out almost freezing here on long island (but i dont see how that could set it off)

3. my battery light has flickered on and off the past couple of days which probably is the alternator its been making noise so im going to replace tht (still dont see how the alternator could do tht)

whitefiveo

Established Member
i had a bad battery and it did this too, the alarm would randomly go off at all times of the day, the battery was still holding enough of a charge to start the car so i was stumped, when i replaced the battery it quit doing it....

1996_Snake

Built and Blown
Established Member
I would put it on the battery as well.

Just from how mine acts when i leave my sat receiver on over night and drains the battery a bit and alarm acts up.

cobra196

svt poster
Established Member
ok sounds good thanx guys. yea i havent replaced tht battery in about 5yrs and its a crappy one

Users who are viewing this thread