Alarm/Horn Problem

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
Hello, huge problem over here with my alarm and horn on my 01 Cobra. Problem here is, that every time I shut my doors and press the button on my remote (stock alarm system), instead of that little slight horn beep that every mustang has, my horn BLARES, I mean it only blares for like a second, but still, it doesn't do the little beep any more. Not only that, but a couple of times tonight when I went to unlock my doors after turning the alarm on and it made that god aweful blare like I was pounding on the horn myself, it actually just stayed on, instead of even that one second beep, at least until I turned the car on, then the blaring would stop. Kind of annoying and frustrating, and I have NO clue what could have caused it, it was fine before I went to the gym, even locked the car and it made the little beep, not the blare only an hour before all this started happening. The only thing I can possibly think of is that there may be a short in the wires somewhere along the line, I did just have a new radio installed last week, but I've never had a problem like this before, and the fact that the car was working fine for a week or so confuses me further. So with plenty of explanation here, I'm hoping someone can help me out before I have to head on over to the local Ford Service Bay. Thanks!

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
esoteric781 said:
Hello, huge problem over here with my alarm and horn on my 01 Cobra. Problem here is, that every time I shut my doors and press the button on my remote (stock alarm system), instead of that little slight horn beep that every mustang has, my horn BLARES, I mean it only blares for like a second, but still, it doesn't do the little beep any more. Not only that, but a couple of times tonight when I went to unlock my doors after turning the alarm on and it made that god aweful blare like I was pounding on the horn myself, it actually just stayed on, instead of even that one second beep, at least until I turned the car on, then the blaring would stop. Kind of annoying and frustrating, and I have NO clue what could have caused it, it was fine before I went to the gym, even locked the car and it made the little beep, not the blare only an hour before all this started happening. The only thing I can possibly think of is that there may be a short in the wires somewhere along the line, I did just have a new radio installed last week, but I've never had a problem like this before, and the fact that the car was working fine for a week or so confuses me further. So with plenty of explanation here, I'm hoping someone can help me out before I have to head on over to the local Ford Service Bay. Thanks!
I can't solve your problem for you - but I can tell you the horn is located in the driverside fender, pull the wheel move the liner away and rip the sucker out... I would then place it on a battery to test it- you'll then be able to eliminate one possible guess. p.s. you could always just disconnect the wires from the car and then run some leads up to the thing and test it that way if you didnt want to remove the thing

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
sounds like a faulty alarm module to me. It is supposed to chirp the horn but if something in the siren output wire has gone bad it may be holding the output signal for too long.

Users who are viewing this thread