Alan and Speed of Sound

BLUBYU2

Established Member
Guys,

Just an FYI for anyone interested in ordering Alan's gauge pillar.

I had ordered one from him two weeks ago and while waiting for my gauges to show up I installed the pillar to see what it looked like. When I removed it the backing came loose which was probably my fault. I e-mailed Alan to let him know what happened and to see if there was some epoxy I could buy to resolve this issue. Within several hours I had a reply that he was shipping me out an new one at no additional cost to me and he would include a UPS shipping label for me to send the other one back. He was very apologetic and stood behind he product 100%. A day later he e-mails me to let me know that the pillar was on back order and he should have the parts by the weekend to assemble and ship it to me. He also said he would ship the product 2nd day air since the pillar was on back order. Then today I received another e-mail that went like this:

Mike,

Just wanted to touch base to inform you that your pillar was
delivered to the FedEx location this evening, so it's on its
way.

It is unfortunate the sub-frame assembly of your pillar
broke on you. You’re not the first; another fellow in
Florida had it happen to him. And, for what it’s worth, I
broke several during the testing of the part. With the new
part, do a couple things to avoid a repeat:

Use caution if “dry-fitting” the part. Work your
fingers in at the top of headliner and try to brace the very
top of the subframe. Just two fingers over this will help
absorb some of the stress on the plastic welds.

I hope you enjoy your new part. Do us a favor and let some
people of your Mustang buddies know about us, if they're
interested. I've been around a lot Mustangs with these
pillars, and the reaction people have to seeing something
new and different is always fun to watch.

If I can be of any help prior to/during the install, please
let me know. We've done our share of gauge installs since
this part came out, so there may be a pointer if you get in
a bind.

Thanks again for your business,

Alan

For all of you guys out there looking to do this mod I highly recommend Alan and his team for their loyalty, commitment to customer satisfaction, and quality of their products.

I only wish he made more products for our cars.

Thanks again Alan

Mike

Last edited:

saleen_4_me

I8A4RE
Established Member
I'm ordering their a- pillar, Glad to hear that their customer service is good. Thanks for the info, hopefully I don't break mine installing it. :beer:

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
I got mine installed about a month ago I hear nothing but great things from people when they see it. I had a problem installing my A/F gauge and I called Alan and he really helped me out a lot great man and really cares about the product he is selling. I high recommend him as well. Thanks again Alan for a great product. -Mark-

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
BOO to speed n sound, man go to svtspeed or someone else do waste your times with those hacks

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I want them to make a 3-pillar ... woohoo..

as for the last post .. what the heck is he talking about? sheesh. Hacks?

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Couple things I'd like to address here. I don't post here as much since I was informed by the staff I could no longer discuss my gauge pods in the sales/advertising context. I agree with their position and have complied fully. Since this is about our customer service, I'm making an exception, and hope the mods understand. My plan is to join as a supporting vendor this month, so I'll be able to discuss the part that was really born through this site anyway!

First, Mike, thank you for your kind words regarding our recent transaction. ANY of my parts that have a problem I am concerned with greatly, and will always stand by it 100% until it's perfect. Whether it is replacements, refunds, whatever - I will strive to do the right thing. I buy mods for my stang too, and always appreciate it when I feel I'm being taken care of.

Mark and my other customers I've gotten to know a little are a lot like me. They love their car and want the best for it. If I can help them reach their goal (or a part of it), that is truly pleasing. It's been really quite touching to know my little "invention" has been under Christmas trees, given as birthday and Valentine presents, etc. I'm humbled by the great response you guys have given us.

And, finally, there was this:

Achilles said:
BOO to speed n sound, man go to svtspeed or someone else do waste your times with those hacks

I don't understand this one, and perhaps it's a case of mistaken identity. First, my company is Speed OF Sound, so maybe it's another company mine is being confused with. If not, and you think we're hacks, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. There are owners of my products in almost all of the 50 states now that may or may not agree with this.

Thanks again for the positive remarks from those above. It helps me sleep a little better for sure. Remember (or do a search on my username), this product started out of the corner of a garage not too long ago, and the development was detailed on this forum. This place has a special meaning to me now, and I look forward to being able to support it for years to come.

(oh yea, new parts are coming, slowly but surely. we're small, but are working hard)

Regards,

Alan :beer:

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Alan, I think it is a case of mistaken identity, maybe there's a shop called Speed of Sound that does work. I emailed him asking him why he said that and he said he wouldn't let those hacks touch/work on his car ... that there are many other places to go to have your car worked on..

I'm like ... ummm ... I'm buying a pod from them to install myself, I didn't know speed of sound did work (like a shop).

Anyway, get moving on that 3-pillar pod ... optional raptor mount .. overprice it ... we will buy it. Hurry! :burnout:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
ChicagoMike said:
Alan, I think it is a case of mistaken identity, maybe there's a shop called Speed of Sound that does work.

I'm like ... ummm ... I'm buying a pod from them to install myself, I didn't know speed of sound did work (like a shop).

Anyway, get moving on that 3-pillar pod ... optional raptor mount .. overprice it ... we will buy it. Hurry! :burnout:

I think this is probably the case, which is why I'm not very upset over the comment.

Speed of Sound does custom work far beyond gauge pods, but only on a highly selective and rare occasion. We've spent probably a combined 15-20 years in the aftermarket auto/electronics industries, and have done some interesting projects. My own background has years of car audio competition history, both personally and with my customers cars. Full time jobs outside of SOS keep this work to a minimum. I'll have to post up the mustang (mine, the green LX in my gallery) we're building for our booth at WFC8 in St. Louis. Nice custom audio setup and some one-off/prototype SOS parts throughout. Pics will be up in the coming weeks, as there's not much time before the race.

I'll get cracking on those projects for you. ;-)

twomustangs

Established Member
Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Seems like you have something on your mind...

Let me get squared away with the staff of this site, and then we'll certainly discuss this idea further.

smokin03cobra

wolf in sheeps clothing
Established Member
got one last year customer service is GREAT and the product is qualitiy. everyone that has seen it loves it Alan keep em commin :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread