Akrapovic exhaust on my C6 Z06

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Sounds good !! Didn't even know Akrapovic made exhaust for cars

Really? They are decently big for higher end cars.

[youtube_browser]e1PaNBD8lDM[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]cy01EndTUac[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]0uxxKv5V5Dg[/youtube_browser]

EX1

Established Member
Thank you all for the feedback :beer:

Titanium? sounds really good. Nice Z

Thanks. This is actually their stainless system. I am looking at getting their titanium x-pipe though.

Sounds amazing. I want to do this to my car. What do the dyno numbers say? What was the total cost to get this setup?

Thanks man. My car made 592rwhp on motor with 90 octane. 693rwhp on a 100 shot. The Akra systems vary a lot in price depending on which options you want. Stainless, titanium, Evo system, etc. The tips alone are $1,400.

Sounds like God's Chariot.

I've had their exhausts on a couple of bikes. They last forever.

I wonder how it would make a stock Corvette sound?

haha I agree. I too had their systems on a couple of my sport bikes and I LOVED them. I was stoked when they released their Z06/ZR1 system. There are a few vids on YouTube with stock Zs and their systems.

I looked at that setup too but JESUS it is expensive. I'm going with the TQPE Varaflow axle-back with Kooks longtubes and custom catted H. Yours sounds good!

Why are you going with Kooks? The LGs have longer primaries? I also haven't heard many Zs with full exhaust with an H pipe. I bet it will sound great.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Why are you going with Kooks? The LGs have longer primaries? I also haven't heard many Zs with full exhaust with an H pipe. I bet it will sound great.

Most of what I've been hearing is that the LG's aren't as good quality as the Kooks? I'm open to either, but so far what I've read has the Kooks on top. I have never been a fan of the higher pitched x-pipe sound so I'm going to have a local exhaust shop cut up my stock H to fit the longtubes. Here's a video of the Varaflow if you haven't heard it before:

[youtube_browser]puz0v12PA54&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube_browser]

fangstang

Established Member
Most of what I've been hearing is that the LG's aren't as good quality as the Kooks? I'm open to either, but so far what I've read has the Kooks on top. I have never been a fan of the higher pitched x-pipe sound so I'm going to have a local exhaust shop cut up my stock H to fit the longtubes. Here's a video of the Varaflow if you haven't heard it before:

[youtube_browser]puz0v12PA54&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube_browser]

Go with ARH. American Racing Headers

crazy427

Established Member
Really? They are decently big for higher end cars.

Yeah I had no idea, probably because I never owned an Audi, Porsche or Ferrari !! :-D I was going to buy them at first for my bike, but ended up with Two Brothers instead.

After checking out the website, it seems they even do some for Mustang.

EX1

Established Member
thanks everyone:rockon:

LOVE the Akrapovic exhaust on the Z's! Car looks and sounds great as always. You still selling your wheels?

I actually sold the HREs a few days ago. I'm looking at some new mono blocks now.

Users who are viewing this thread