Airstrip Roll racing in my 2013 GT with Paxton 2200SL

kaane

Established Member
Just got back from a event in bakersfield, airstrip roll racing. Head to head 40mph half mile runs. Was hitting about 165mph at the half mile mark.

Ran about 15 times. Won a few, lost a few as well. Car was running 91 octane + torco, about 600whp, maybe a tad less. Stock pulley, stock exhaust.

First I ran my friends 2013 BMW M3 DCT with ESS 625 Supercharger. I was starting in 3rd because I had low traction in second and he got a jump on me.

2013 Mustang GT Paxton 2200SL Supercharger vs 2013 BMW M3 ESS VT-625 Supercharger - YouTube

Ran a brand new stock ZL1, it was no contest, put couple of bus lengths on him.

2013 Mustang GT Paxton Supercharger vs 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - YouTube

Next was a Dodge Challenger with Kenne Bell supercharger

2013 Mustang GT Paxton 2200 Supercharger vs Dodge Challenger with Kenne-Bell Supercharger - YouTube

Another run was a Mercedes C63 AMG with Weistec Stage 2 Supercharger

2013 Mustang GT with Paxton 2200SL Supercharger VS Mercedes C63 with Weistec Stage 2 Supercharger - YouTube

Also ran a 2013 BMW M5

2013 Mustang GT with Paxton 2200SL Supercharger VS 2013 BMW M5 - YouTube

Super fun event.

I lost to a E85 GTR and intake / tune Z06 which was suprising.

burke985

Established Member
Oh and the 3.73's went in nicely. I love them with my setup maybe one day when I boost ill have to go back to a taller gear, they lasted about an hour in my possession I brought them to a local speed shop an hour after I got them and dropped the car off .

Last edited:

implosive

Established Member
Man thats awesome, thanks for sharing the vids. Put up the ones of you losing to the z and the gtr!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

kaane

Established Member

RFM50

Established Member
Ok I'm sorry but there had to be more done to that zo6 than intake and a tune to beat to that bad. Your a 600+ hp mustang

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Nice runs.

You said you were starting in 3rd, what gears do you have?

If you didn't have traction issues starting in 2nd for a 40 roll probably would make a pretty good difference.

I'm headed to a 1/2 mile air strip event end of this month, they are a blast!

steveofiveo

Established Member
You were probably down significantly because of the heat ( timing gets pulled so you wont hurt anything). I'd like to see you try them again cooled down. And then there's meth. . .

Bakersfield.

Here is some info on the event.

California: Article: - No Fly Zone - California private airstrip roll on race event March 2nd, 2013 presented by the GermanBoost.com German Performance Car Forum Network

and here is me being smoked by that Z06. I was heatsoaked pretty bad on this run I just did 5 back to back passes, but he was still faster.

2013 Mustang GT Paxton 2200SL vs 2008 Z06 Intake + Tune - YouTube

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Ok I'm sorry but there had to be more done to that zo6 than intake and a tune to beat to that bad. Your a 600+ hp mustang

C6 Z06's are pretty nasty from a roll. They are alot light and more areodynamics than our bricks. His race looks legit, I raced a c6z and had a similar out come as the OP.

kaane

Established Member
Z06 was stupid fast, he pulled on a bunch of high HP cars, so it wasn't just my car. I am running 3.31 gears. 285 Pirelli Corsas, it was a bit dusty on the runway, so 2nd gear had wheelspin up top. It was better to start in 3rd. I was hitting the cones around 45-50mph around 4k rpm. I'll get a E85 tune for next event and we shall see how it goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread