Airbag recall

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
So if I dont stay by my car, I can expect a properly performed recall with the same steering wheel cover and safe air bag deployment.

Or, the work is performed, the dealership does the work tobmy GT500 but installs a different steering wheel cover... get in accident later, and get permanant Chevy Bowtie installed across face during an accident.

Thats a stupid post on my part.
Make sure local dealer isn't moron...

Everyone wins

Breitling

Established Member
If any of you need it done in Ohio, Buckeye Ford London will get it done very quickly, maybe 30 minutes tops. I know the Service Dept Manager well. His Tech Roger also owns a GT500 and they are as honest of a dealership as I've ever dealt with. It could also be because I've known Howard the Service Department manager long before doing business with Buckeye Ford. Anyhow hope this helps.

This does help! I will be taking mine to Buckeye Ford in London based on your post.

Just to clarify, will my OEM cobra logo steering wheel cover/cap assembly be reused, or will there be a new one installed? I do not want the Mustang logo on the steering wheel cap in any case.

Smm7PT

Established Member
This does help! I will be taking mine to Buckeye Ford in London based on your post.

Just to clarify, will my OEM cobra logo steering wheel cover/cap assembly be reused, or will there be a new one installed? I do not want the Mustang logo on the steering wheel cap in any case.

It's all one unit, with Brand new Cobra Emblem. Call them and Roger is the name of the tech who owns a 500 not that you need anyone special it's a 5 minute swap. Buckeye is 12 minutes from Hilliard Rome Rd Exit on 70 W.
If you know anyone looking for a 17' 350 they've got one that I bet they would let go at MSRP if anyone was interested.

Users who are viewing this thread