Airbag light on

Tispho

Established Member
My airbag light began to come on about three weeks ago. It does not blink, it just remains solid. For a while, it went away, then it came back. Then it went away again. And now its back for good.

A solid airbag light if I understand correctly means that there is loss of power to the RCM module. Meaning the airbags will not deploy if I get into an accident.

When it first occurred, I cleaned the connectors under both seats and it went away. But this must not be the cause of the issue, because I tried cleaning it again, but now its back for good.

I checked two fuses:
Fuse #31 10A Restraints Control Module (RCM)
Fuse #46 7.5A Passenger airbag deactivation indicator (PADI), Occupant classification sensor (OCS)

neither of them were blown

I'm leaning towards a faulty RCM module. Any other things I should try before giving up and bringing it into the dealer? :shrug:

This mustang is my daily driver, and I really would like to fix it at home. Every time I bring the car into the dealership, I feel like it goes in for one problem, and comes out with three others.

ccd_1606

Established Member
I just had this happen to mine. Took it to the dealer Friday they said it was the deployment control module. They ordered one and it will be here Tuesday. It was free of charge covered under the 5 year 50,000 mile safety restraint warranty.

I did some searching apparently this is a common problem on 11's

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yea take it to the dealer, if your worried about mods effecting your warranty on the airbag items I would not worry at all. They can not deny it.

-Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread