Airbag dyeing????

96cobrakid

Established Member
I need a pass side airbag and have a buddy with a dark charcole one. I know they can be dyed, but dunno how or what to get, any info would be great . I need it tan. Unless someone knows of a cheap pass side tan airbag for sale.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I have a TAN passenger side airbag (1995), and I've been looking for a dark charcoal or midnight black pass airbag to match my 2003 Cobra interior.

Want to do a trade?, lemme know the condition etc...or we can swap pics first.

Lemme know!

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Are you sure it's Tan and not Saddle? I also have a 96. If it's saddle you can buy the can from ford, you'll need to buy clear spray primer and prep (clean) the surface to be painted. The ford paint matched my saddle interion about 98.9%. No one else can tell the difference, ofcource I can. I have the part number for the saddle interior spray can....let me know...so I can go through my never ending garage sale (it's some where in there) that never sees the light of day.

Last edited:

96cobrakid

Established Member
Are you sure it's Tan and not Saddle? I also have a 96. If it's saddle you can buy the can from ford, you'll need to buy clear spray primer and prep (clean) the surface to be painted. The ford paint matched my saddle interion about 98.9%. No one else can tell the difference, ofcource I can. I have the part number for the saddle interior spray can....let me know...so I can go through my never ending garage sale (it's some where in there) that never sees the light of day.

that would be awesome if you could! thanks

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Man 2 months later. LOL I'll get the can and get the PN for you. If that's too long to wait you can call Steve at Tousley Ford and ask him for a can of Saddle interior spray paint. It's cheap and beats trying to match it with other brands.

Users who are viewing this thread