Airbag Code 32

St33da

Established Member
Yesterday evening I went out to the garage to do a few things and I decided to back the Cobra out to give me some more room. I look down and see that I have an airbag light flashing, wtf?! I went to reset the code and it a hard code and wont reset. I went to veryuseful.com and found out that code 32 is Driver Side Air Bag Circuit High Resistance or Open. They also say that the clock spring is most common cause of this code, however I checked and my cruise and horn still works. While it is still a possibility, I just dont see it being the cause for my code. Anyone have any experience with this code or a flow chart for me to diagnose it?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Have you recently unhooked the steering shaft and at the same time allowed your steering wheel to spin loosely by itself? If so, then you did break the clockspring.

Now, the connector at the ignition key has a plactic tab and it DOES break on it's own sometimes and will also cause a code 32.

When either scenarios happen, you will need a new clockspring. Get one from Steve or Mike R. at Tousley Ford. It's about $31-35'ish (IIRC)

Users who are viewing this thread