AIRAID MXP Intake System For 2011 5.0L Ford Mustang GT

Airaid Filters

Established Member
Nice looking kit.

How well do the filters, um, filter? :)

Hello 03 DSG Snake,

The AIRAID Premium filter is a Cotton/Synthetic blend and will offer far superior filtration to a “Cotton” only air filter.

The AIRAID Premium filter offers the best combination of Air Flow and Filtration of any Performance filter on the market today!

Thanks,
David

YELL03

Established Member
Hello RedCandy5.0,

The AIRAID with a Tune will add just as much HP & TQ as any other system that “Requires” a tune. The difference is we engineer the AIRAID Intake system to offer proper MAF functionality so it does not require a tune so the customer has a choice and does not have to purchase a $300-600 “Tune” just to make the CAI work properly.

The AIRAID is designed for the best of both worlds. You can simply buy the kit and bolt it on and get a nice performance increase without any drivability issues, or for the customer who is looking for even more get up and go, you can add a “Tune” to the AIRAID for even greater performance.

Thanks,
David

David,

I spoke to somebody at Airaid about this CAI and have a question.

According to the gentleman I spoke to, he said that if I buy the Airaid CAI for my 2011 5.0 and I am only doing minor mods (axle-back, airaid cai, and a tune) that I should not remove the insert that makes it work with the stock tune.

He said it will make just as much power in the stock-tune configuration with a custom tune.
He said, if I went to do cams (major mods) then it would be better to remove it.

So, do you recommend leaving it in stock-tune configuration or removing the insert if I go with a tune?

I spoke to a Tuner who ran your Airaid with minor mods and they removed the piece?

Give me the straight scoop, I am very close to ordering one, part #451-264 with the Synthamax filter (no oiling required).

It is between the Roush (simple & cheap, but less power), C&L with no-tune required (same power, but I like your heat shield better), K&N drop-in (simpler and cheaper, least power), and the Airaid....
I just need this info to push me over the edge and order yours.

Thanks!!!!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Very nice only thing id like to see different is the placement on the airaid sticker

Airaid Filters

Established Member
David,

I spoke to somebody at Airaid about this CAI and have a question.

According to the gentleman I spoke to, he said that if I buy the Airaid CAI for my 2011 5.0 and I am only doing minor mods (axle-back, airaid cai, and a tune) that I should not remove the insert that makes it work with the stock tune.

He said it will make just as much power in the stock-tune configuration with a custom tune.
He said, if I went to do cams (major mods) then it would be better to remove it.

So, do you recommend leaving it in stock-tune configuration or removing the insert if I go with a tune?

I spoke to a Tuner who ran your Airaid with minor mods and they removed the piece?

Give me the straight scoop, I am very close to ordering one, part #451-264 with the Synthamax filter (no oiling required).

It is between the Roush (simple & cheap, but less power), C&L with no-tune required (same power, but I like your heat shield better), K&N drop-in (simpler and cheaper, least power), and the Airaid....
I just need this info to push me over the edge and order yours.

Thanks!!!!

Hello YELL03,

The only time you should remove the MVT is if you are going to do major modifications to the vehicle (Camshaft, Cylinder head, Rear End Gear Change, Forced Induction), basically modifications that would constitute a complete custom tune.

If you are using basic Bolt-on’s such as Cat-back exhaust, headers, or a Computer upgrade then you want to leave the MVT alone. You are not going to see a performance benefit by removing the MVT as it is there for proper calibration and is not a restriction.

You can always add a tune in conjunction with the Airaid for additional performance.

Any other questions, please let me know.

YELL03

Established Member
Hello YELL03,

The only time you should remove the MVT is if you are going to do major modifications to the vehicle (Camshaft, Cylinder head, Rear End Gear Change, Forced Induction), basically modifications that would constitute a complete custom tune.

If you are using basic Bolt-on’s such as Cat-back exhaust, headers, or a Computer upgrade then you want to leave the MVT alone. You are not going to see a performance benefit by removing the MVT as it is there for proper calibration and is not a restriction.

You can always add a tune in conjunction with the Airaid for additional performance.

Any other questions, please let me know.

I would run all of the air raid CAIs with the insert installed, unless yo have a highly modified car.

Thanks to both of you for the info.

I did the best of both worlds....

My tuner actually runs an Airaid cai in their 2011 5.0 automatic.
They run theirs with the insert out, so I know they have it calibrated correctly without the insert.

They are giving me 3 tunes....

2 Street Performance tunes with, one with the insert in (same as a stock intake tune) and one with the insert out (same as a Steeda/JLT type cai)

Then they are making me a slightly more aggressive Race/Track tune with the insert out.

I have seen their results at the track and I am satisfied they have it right, but if not, the 1st tune has me covered.;-)

Last edited:

YELL03

Established Member
YELL03:

Who's tune are you gonna run? I am still on the fence about mine.

Thanks

Brian

I bought the Airaid and SCT Tuner as a combo deal from American Muscle

The SCT Tuner comes with 3 Custom tunes from Bama Tunes

I used their tunes for my 03 Mach 1 and I was very happy.

The guys at Bama Tunes always answer the phone promptly when you call and they are very informative and take their time to give you the info you want.

They customized my tunes exactly how I wanted.

If I hadn't bought the SCT from them, I probably would have went with VMP or Amazon, both own 5.0 automatics, but the fact that Bama has a 5.0 with the Airaid on it made me confident in their abilities to tune the car properly.

Airaid Filters

Established Member
Bump For Great Product!

P/N # 450-264 (Oiled)

P/N # 451-260 (NON-Oiled)

450-264RGB-1.jpg

wbt

Banned
I've enjoyed mine and the guys at Airaid have been great to work with on the Boss 302 intake fitment. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread