airaid intake cover/water guard

socalg8gt

Established Member
hi guys, i just wanted to share my first try at making a lid/cover for my airaid intake. even with the jtl foam for the vent i was still getting water on the filter and i didnt like how the airaid shield looked, i used 1/8 abs plastic sheet and shaped it with a heat gun,made small L brackets. the shape for the filter did not come out as smooth as i wanted but the next one will and will use a bit thicker abs , have not drove the car yet but i hope it wont warp with the engine heat

IMAG0910_zpseaa68cec.gif

IMAG0911_zps6bd6e3c7.gif

IMAG0913_zps3d3a153a.gif

IMAG0914_zps98eaf7c2.gif

IMAG0915_zps31e80418.gif

IMAG0916_zpsf51a1296.gif

IMAG0917_zpsf3ac20d1.gif

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Not bad. Only think I would do is not cover the front of the filter so much. That will allow what air comes through the gap between the hook and header panel to get to the filter without being redirected.

You are mainly concerned with keeping the water off the top of the filter, and water will onyl come through the vents when the car is stationary.

I'm still developing a water shield for my JLT intake myself, but going a slightly different route with Al sheeting.

socalg8gt

Established Member
ok, yea i think ill trim a little off the front , yea it was really only when i washed it and i got tired of having to cover the filter with rags when washing it

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
ok, yea i think ill trim a little off the front , yea it was really only when i washed it and i got tired of having to cover the filter with rags when washing it
Cover it with a plastic bag and zip tie it. THe rags will absorb the water. lol

Users who are viewing this thread