Airaid CAI installed-Breather/Vacuum line issue

daustin

Established Member
I installed an Airaid CAI tonight and connected all of the breather/vacuum lines to the new intake on their new fittings. Two of the lines that attach to the intake tube have clips that need to be pushed in to release them from the fittings in the intake tube.

Now that I have installed the lines onto the new Airaid fittings, I cannot remove them. The clips won't push in far enough to disengage. Is there something I'm missing here? Can I pry the clips out from the top should I need to remove them?

I don't even know why I tried to remove them once installed on the new intake tube, but now that I can't get them off, it's bugging me.

One of the lines connects to the throttle body and the other line is connected to a hard tube that runs under the intake manifold , splits into a Y and connects to the CMCV actuator at the back.

I didn't try the PCV line that has the connector you push down and slide over, but I'm sure that's fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

daustin

Established Member
As an update, I was able to figure it out. I pried the fitting out of the grommet. Then, while pushing down on the top of the clip to spread it open, I pushed up on the two legs from the bottom of the clip. Then I carefully released the clip from the connector. There is no way the connector would work by just pushing it in then pulling on the line like when it was on the stock fitting as the diameter of the Airaid fitting is larger than the stock fitting.

Venumous

Established Member
Yeah, that was a bitch every time I had to disconnect them. Not sad that the intake is gone with the blower.

daustin

Established Member
Squeeze the sides should release. I found out after I kept breaking them.

I think I tried squeezing every which way only to be able to get it off as I posted above. On another note, are those clips just the standard 3/8" fuel line clips? I'm sure I'll break one at some point.

daustin

Established Member
Yeah, that was a bitch every time I had to disconnect them. Not sad that the intake is gone with the blower.

Hopefully I'll put a blower on this car as well, but that's not gonna happen before my '55 is at least driving.

Users who are viewing this thread