Air to Fuel Ratio Caution after Dyno

El Culebra

Established Member
Guys just a heads up I had my car Dynoe'd today and the results were 430 HP and 428 torque, mods are Bassani X pipe and cats, no silencer, Flip chip on stock mode. We tried a second run in performance mode when we noticed the air to fuel ratio was out of control (Techs cut the dyno short) the band should have taken a drop instead it just stayed constant not good said the techs running the dyno. I will send the chip back to get it corrected this is a good way to blow your engine please use caution when using a chip that's why you dyno. It can be corrected may lose a a tiny bit of HP but not much it's worth it cause it's better to be safe than sorry I will post dyno results tomorrow I got to scan it or pic it.

03DOHC

Established Member
What chip and where'd you get it? Is it a generic program for your mods?

El Culebra

Established Member
South Florida Pulley, the chip seems to originate from JDM Engineering! The thought of messing up my engine makes me nervous, not to mention pissed. I am sure they will correct the chip just beware.

bborder

Established Member
That probably why its a better idea to have a chip custom programmed at the time of the dyno rather than getting one through mail order.

Terminator03

banned
Yeah mail order chips and ships that get codes off the internet are NO GOOD. Do it the right way and have the best shop around actually hands on dyno and chip tune it their so there are no indescrepensies. I want to actually see someone get a whole new computer, not just a chip. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread