Air Suspension

EOC

Established Member
I don't normally post here but I'm trying to get all the advice that I can before this project is tackled. I just got my entire suspension in the mail yesterday but it will be awhile before I can install it due to my truck being in the shop.
STR-4100.jpg

I should be hitting 650 rwhp when my tuck get's out of the shop so I'm thinking that just bolting on everything won't be enough. I have a local suspension guy/welder that will be installing everything and he will be welding everything that is normally bolted on.

I chose to go with a between the frame install instead of the airpod. Hopefully I can stuff everything under the bed.

I'm not trying to lay frame or turn my truck into an undriveable show truck. I dd my truck and I want a better ride and more control over the suspension.

I'm looking for all the input and advice I can get. Thanks!

SADF

Established Member
You went with the right setup for what you want...an Air Ride Tech truck won't lay out all the way, but they handle outstanding. Your smart by welding on the kit with that much tq. I had an entire back-half performed on mine to ensure that, even with just 500 ft lbs.I don't break anything.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
You want to know about air ride you should contact Ian (pitstain) he has done and or tried everything and open tracks his truck.

1LethalSVT

Established Member
That kits going to give you all your looking for and then some. Word of advice in case you don't know already. Once its installed do not go straight to the alignment shop, wait till you find the right ride level that fits you, then get it aligned. Each time you change the ride height the alignment will change.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
I can't answer any of your questions, but I wanted to know if it would fit under the bed with no trimming. That's gonna look so clean.

I want to see more of your truck!!

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
been there, done that!!!

DSCN1826.jpg

DSCN1827.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg

DSCN1829.jpg

DSCN1828.jpg

DSCN1834.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

it still can go a few inches lower

I don't have it weld it just bolted and it's been fine since, but my truck is stock engine wise

and I went with the AirPod much easier to install

DSC_0203.jpg

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
One thing i would recommend, just by seeing the pics, is since your having it welded in anyway, have the c notch completely boxed on the inside of the frame rail. It should be quite a bit stronger.

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
One thing i would recommend, just by seeing the pics, is since your having it welded in anyway, have the c notch completely boxed on the inside of the frame rail. It should be quite a bit stronger.

can't box it in, fuel lines, brake lines and wires run inside the channel

EOC

Established Member
You went with the right setup for what you want...an Air Ride Tech truck won't lay out all the way, but they handle outstanding. Your smart by welding on the kit with that much tq. I had an entire back-half performed on mine to ensure that, even with just 500 ft lbs.I don't break anything.

Air ride puts there products on some pretty high output vehicles so I think welding will be sufficient...if not then I guess I'll have to go with some custom made parts that are stronger.

You want to know about air ride you should contact Ian (pitstain) he has done and or tried everything and open tracks his truck.

I study his build threads and read pretty much everything that he put out on this topic multiple times before deciding to order this.

That kits going to give you all your looking for and then some. Word of advice in case you don't know already. Once its installed do not go straight to the alignment shop, wait till you find the right ride level that fits you, then get it aligned. Each time you change the ride height the alignment will change.

I'll have my normal drive mode setup at about 1" lower in the front and 2" lower in the rear than my current setup:
P1000751.jpg

I can't answer any of your questions, but I wanted to know if it would fit under the bed with no trimming. That's gonna look so clean.

I went a little crazy on the pictures...:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-official-vermilion-red-picture-thread-6.html

been there, done that!!!

it still can go a few inches lower

I don't have it weld it just bolted and it's been fine since, but my truck is stock engine wise

and I went with the AirPod much easier to install

ha you and pitstain were the ones to inspire me! Jon at ridetech offered a free upgrade to the airpod but want to put everything under the bed . I'd like to see some pics of your truck with all the air out.

I'll definitely talk to my welder about that! Thanks!

Last edited:

lightningonbags

Established Member

I have all of my trucks air supply hidden under my bed. The only thing that is through the bed is my bridge. My trucks air supply sits where the spare was on a steal plate mounted upside down.

EOC

Established Member
I have all of my trucks air supply hidden under my bed. The only thing that is through the bed is my bridge. My trucks air supply sits where the spare was on a steal plate mounted upside down.

That's what I'll do as well most likely. Do you have any pics of what yours looks like?

SADF

Established Member
Here is a pic of my setup. Most go for the clean and functionality of hiding everything under the bed, which is ideal. I actually wanted my stuff exposed for appearance.
STA71010.jpg

EOC

Established Member
Here is a pic of my setup. Most go for the clean and functionality of hiding everything under the bed, which is ideal. I actually wanted my stuff exposed for appearance.
STA71010.jpg

Looks good! I understand why you would want to show that off! I dd my lightning and having the storage space in the back is really important to me. Nice lid btw:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread