Air Reserve Technician

steeltoe

Established Member
From what I have read in the job posting it is similar to the Navy's Full Time Support program for the old guys TAR. Does anyone have any insight it to this program. The biggest thing is will my rank be reduced back to E-3 because I've been out for over a year.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Well shoosh man... I had a nice reply all typed out... then I got the database error and lost it.

I'm an ART, what questions did you have? Depending on what slot you land in, I'd imagine you wouldn't be a SrA for too long.

steeltoe

Established Member
I hate when that happens .

Because I'm prior military do I have to go back into my old job or can I pick a different one. Being that I was in the Navy my trainging is for F-14 B and F/A-18F will I be able to go back to school to learn a new aircraft or will it just be all OJT.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I hate when that happens .

Because I'm prior military do I have to go back into my old job or can I pick a different one. Being that I was in the Navy my trainging is for F-14 B and F/A-18F will I be able to go back to school to learn a new aircraft or will it just be all OJT.

Are you going to apply at a certain base? What did you do in the navy?

They will convert you to an Airforce AFSC easily enough. I'd have to ask my buddy who was prior navy... I know he had to go to our tech school. I'll also ask about your situation; from what I've heard the Navy schools are a bit more in depth, depending on what career field you are in. A LOT of the vernacular is the same; i.e. cannon plug, etc. Heck our wiring T.O.s are the same!

steeltoe

Established Member
Are you going to apply at a certain base? What did you do in the navy?

They will convert you to an Airforce AFSC easily enough. I'd have to ask my buddy who was prior navy... I know he had to go to our tech school. I'll also ask about your situation; from what I've heard the Navy schools are a bit more in depth, depending on what career field you are in. A LOT of the vernacular is the same; i.e. cannon plug, etc. Heck our wiring T.O.s are the same!

I was an Aviation Ordnanceman. When it comes to weapons systems 98% of the stuff we use is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread