Air Raid replacement filter

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Just picked up a 2010 GT500 and so far I'm loving it! I'm planning a few, cheap mods for the time being, like tint, hood struts, etc.

I'd also like to replace the stock paper filter, but I didn't want to do a full intake yet (leaning towards JLT CF), because I understand the car needs to be tuned at that point. I'd rather save the tune, until I decide if I'm going to pulley, at which point I could do the intake at the same time. Does that make sense?

That said, I was thinking of getting an Air Raid filter for the time being (which I believe needs no tuning), at which point I guess it would be replaced by a JLT intake, which includes its own filter (thinking about their big 127mm kit). I'm assuming the Air Raid that works with the stock intake wouldn't fit that big JLT kit - or am I wrong?

Thanks for any advice :beer:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
A filter change is not going to require a tune. Look into the Ford Racing resonator delete. It cleans up the stock air intake and lets you hear the supercharger. The resonator delete will not require a tune either and won't break the bank.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Does that resonator delete kit simply make the supercharger louder, or does it add more (noticeable) power? I realize I might take some flames for this, but I've always been a fan of hearing more of the exhaust note than (overwhelming) supercharger whine. My cobra obviously had a really loud blower, being pulleyed and ported, and I'm not saying I don't like the sound, but I'm actually not minding the muted supercharger noise at the moment :-D

Regardless, as for my original question about the filter, would I have to ditch the Air Raid if/when I eventually got a full intake like the big JLT, or would it fit? I saw there's a big Air Raid thread in this forum - maybe I should ask the vendor? :shrug:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Does that resonator delete kit simply make the supercharger louder, or does it add more (noticeable) power? I realize I might take some flames for this, but I've always been a fan of hearing more of the exhaust note than (overwhelming) supercharger whine. My cobra obviously had a really loud blower, being pulleyed and ported, and I'm not saying I don't like the sound, but I'm actually not minding the muted supercharger noise at the moment :-D

Regardless, as for my original question about the filter, would I have to ditch the Air Raid if/when I eventually got a full intake like the big JLT, or would it fit? I saw there's a big Air Raid thread in this forum - maybe I should ask the vendor? :shrug:

The resonater delete will only make the supercharger whine slightly louder and maybe gain a couple hp if that. Definately a easy first upgrade, doesn't drown out the exhaust at all. I've videod mine you can hear that sweet whine of the supercharger as the car approaches and the rumble of the exhaust as it goes by.

Don't think the regular AirRaid is going to fit the Big JLT kit, which I've also looked into as it gives like a 15 hp gain or something like that. The CF intake tube alone isn't going to do any more than the resonator delete.

mgmustang1

Established Member
I bought the resonator delete first but didnt like the way it looked so i bought the cf jlt tube and the blue AirRaid filter and am very happy with it. Does not need a tune either if you go this route. if you want to but my resonator delete pm me i will sell it but the jlt tube looks so much nicer. I think i had it on for 50 miles.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Was mulling the JLT CF tube with an air raid as opposed to the JLT intake. I'm curious as to why the intake would need a tune, whereas the tube/air raid wouldn't. Does the JLT intake flow that much more/better? The tube/air raid route would certainly be more economical ($100 less, give or take, and then the money saved off not having to tune). :shrug:

Last edited:

mullens

Established Member
Was mulling the JLT CF tube with an air raid as opposed to the JLT intake. I'm curious as to why the intake would need a tune, whereas the tube/air raid wouldn't. Does the JLT intake flow that much more/better? The tube/air raid route would certainly be more economical ($100 less, give or take, and then the money saved off not having to tune). :shrug:
Any time you change the MAF size, you need a tune. The JLT CF tube alone does not flow any better or give you any more power than the stock tube. It looks nicer and is more trick but functionally it does nothing more. On the other hand, the JLT big intake increases MAF size and therefore requires a tune.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Any time you change the MAF size, you need a tune. The JLT CF tube alone does not flow any better or give you any more power than the stock tube. It looks nicer and is more trick but functionally it does nothing more. On the other hand, the JLT big intake increases MAF size and therefore requires a tune.

Okay, cool. So if I'm thinking of doing a pulley a year down the road, let's say, for now just getting an air raid to replace the stock paper filter is the way to go, and then go for the JLT when I'm doing the other engine mods?

Users who are viewing this thread