Air Raid 2015 GT Numbers?

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
Hey SVTP

I recently purchased my 2015 GT, and am slowly wanting to begin to modify it. Because this is my daily driver, I am not looking to go crazy on things and am just wanting to do some bolt ons for now. I've been looking into the Air Raid kit, but everywhere I look I can't seem to find any dyno runs or hard numbers on if this is truly better than stock.
I've heard people say they notice a performance gain immediately, as well as a bit more MPG. Sometimes I find that hard to believe with just a CAI.
I would consider doing a tune, but I really would not want to void my warranty on the car, assuming that all tunes void the factory warranty.

Does anyone have this kit, without the tune and recommend it? I want to be sure before spending $300+ on this.

scotmach

Established Member
The guys claiming they can feel a performance gain are doing a tune at the same time so they're judgement is skewed. The stock CAI is just as good as any of the aftermarket stuff out there. I would save your money.

Branhammer

Established Member
I wouldn't expect a significant gain out of a CAI. I think a tune and cat-back setup is probably the best bolt-on combo to start out with, especially considering you also lose a good bit of weight with the right exhaust kit. Ford Racing is talking about offering a warranty-friendly tune soon. I'll probably wait for that and then use it until my warranty is up.

Last edited:

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
I wouldn't expect a significant gain out of a CAI. I think a tune and cat-back setup is probably the best bolt-on combo to start out with, especially considering you also lose a good bit of weight with the right exhaust kit. Ford Racing is talking about offering a warranty-friendly tune soon. I'll probably wait for that and then use it until my warranty is up.

Good call, I'll keep my eye out for that. I really just have a hard time wanting to void my factory warranty over a tune that will maybe get me 20RWHP.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I'm gonna open up the rest of the holes in the driver side grille, look for an AF-E paper filter, and possibly get the Airaid tube that replaces the factory one between the box and the throttle body. Of course I'd also get a custom tune.

Users who are viewing this thread