Air port security.. (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

02 Z06

Squeze me please me
Established Member
well me and my brother were going to the air port to the cargo part and we were doing 25 at the most... anywase we only saw one sighn that said 25 mph and then the guy in a golf cart stopped us and said we were speeding. he wrote us up for basic speed and the fine is 72 bucks.. but anywase their was no radar and no way he could tell how fast we were going. will this get thrown out in court?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Yeah um that's odd. Take it to court. IF he doesn't have radar or didn't use a timing device then how could he tell?

TacticalKaos

Established Member
I think anyone who drives a golf cart on a regular bases for reasons other than golf would lose a great deal of their credibility in the juidicary system. Take it to court.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
02 Z06 said:
well me and my brother were going to the air port to the cargo part and we were doing 25 at the most... anywase we only saw one sighn that said 25 mph and then the guy in a golf cart stopped us and said we were speeding. he wrote us up for basic speed and the fine is 72 bucks.. but anywase their was no radar and no way he could tell how fast we were going. will this get thrown out in court?

Most airports have airport police. Was this ticket written by an airport police officer? What does the ticket say as far as jurisdiction? Check the number on the back too.

If it was a police officer he can visually estimate your speed and that is valid without radar.

Good Luck

BTW, did the golf cart have lights and a siren?

oldmodman

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
BTW, did the golf cart have lights and a siren?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
this totally reminds me of something.... i was on the tollway and a trooper had someone else stopped and was handing them a ticket throgh thier window and looked up and watched me drive by them. the speed limit was 55 and i was doing a little more like eveyone else. well, i guess the o/r H made him think i was going faster b/c after looking at me, he hauled ass back to his car, caught up to me and pulled me over and said he "VISUALLY" clocked me at 71 mph and wrote me a ticket. I guess he is related to the terminator or something. I sooo got out of that ticket!

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
well this is me (o2 z06) is my bros name.. i was driving his car and he followed me in the work van. so my brother called him a square badge and the guy told him to get his license and registration.. bla bla bla then he said he was a police officer (but dressed as a security guard) kinda fat guy so i guess he didnt make the force. but anywase he said the state of hawaii hired him and said he has the right because we were in his jurisdiction sp?.. he had a gun so i dont kno what he was but i told my bro we shoulda kept on going like we didnt see him. oh well so you guys think they will throw this ticket out? i owe my brother a big one because he said he was driving... thanks for all the help so far.

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
oh and the golf cart had 1 yellow light but no siren he almost fell out and spilled his donuts almost running into the vette trying to stop him.. and he did not have the lights on when he stopped us.

02 Z06

Squeze me please me
Established Member
you cant screw around here these square badges think thier hot shit. where i used to work about 2 weeks ago this security guard was harassing people and they finally got it on tape. http://khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=4116859 i shoulda just drove off but i dont want some loser shooting at my plastic car as i dont think its bulletproof and i sit right in front of the fuel tank.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If he is indeed a sworn law enforcement officer, you will not get out of the ticket. As he can visually estimate your speed. You need to call the number on the back of the ticket and ask what jurisdiction it is and if the person who wrote the ticket is a sworn law enforcement officer.

RoadWarrior would be the best to answer this since he is a LEO in Hawaii.

02 Z06

Squeze me please me
Established Member
he didnt say he was he said he was hired by the state to protect the air port.. they didnt train him to do that.

02 Z06

Squeze me please me
Established Member
***Removed by Moderator**

Please READ the guidelines for this forum and post appropriately.

Your flaming and derogatory comments are not allowed.

If you can not contribute constructively please do NOT post in here again.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
This thread has degraded to nothing more than a bashing of a guy just trying to do his job.

After reading the last few comments from 02 Z06 I can clearly see why he received the citation.

Besides, I still laugh my ass off every time I picure a guy in a Z06 being stopped and ticketed by a guy in a golf cart..........and you now have the balls to make fun of him???????????? :loser: :loser: :loser:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
mswaim said:
This thread has degraded to nothing more than a bashing of a guy just trying to do his job.

After reading the last few comments from 02 Z06 I can clearly see why he received the citation.

Besides, I still laugh my ass off every time I picure a guy in a Z06 being stopped and ticketed by a guy in a golf cart..........and you now have the balls to make fun of him???????????? :loser: :loser: :loser:

haha agreed on that last part.
for god's sake I drive an LTD, I wouldn't have stopped I'd have pulled around him and kept going.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Did I miss something? What speed were you cited for?

Also, was this at the municipal/international airport?

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
**Removed by Moderator**

Please READ the guidelines for this forum and follow them.

Your derogatory comments are not within the guidelines.

Please contribute constructively or not at all.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread