Air Intake tube ?

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Has anyone replaced the stock air intake tube with the milk jug (baffle thing) with the 99-01 Cobra air intake tube? If so, did you gain anything or lose anything by doing this? Anybody dynoed or track tested the two? I have a tube from a 01 cobra I just Installed and it seems to have a smoother transition to the throttle body off the mas air flow sensor but by looking at it with the naked eye it might be just a hair smaller in diamiter as it turns into the throttle body. I am going to the track tomorrow with both my cars and will try them both on the Mach...

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
The Mach1 does not have a Plug for the Air Temp Sensor like the 99 or 01 Cobra does....or even the 03 matter of fact.

The BBK one i had on my 01 Cobra looked like it would fit just fine & it would be greater in width. There should be no loss if u do swap it out....but possible a smoother air stream.

Stock Tube is fine IMO....dont think u will get much out of it.

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Not expecting anything really, just looks cleaner in the engine bay. I left the air charge sensor in it for now, twisted it sideways so it wont impead airflow. (like it would anyway).

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
Ram Air Mach 1

I would like to replace the pipes on the ram air scoop and the air box on my Mach 1 to make it high flow full time ram air , one of the supercharger companys has a flat panel air filter that fits inside the shaker scoop , and has a new air conection tube thats 3 inches in diamiter , so im thinking cool ,fulltime ram air right to the Mass air flow meter,,,,,,

More Research ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I Live My Day One Mach at A time,,,,,,,,,,,,Troy:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread