Air intake temps

beck_cody

Established Member
I have a stage 4 port on my eaton with the 2.5 SC pulley and larger pulley off the craink. I have installed the LSP duel flow heat exchanger and still having some serious cooling problems. SCT X-cal. tells me my air intake temp is too high and an over boost condition. I am pushing 18 lbs. of boost. My car will miss once this happens. Any suggestions or advice to help the cooling issue?

twhitey

Established Member
What are your iat2 temps? Have you checked to make sure your i/c pump is working? Also what temp is your car at while this is happening?

beck_cody

Established Member
My bad on the pulley size. Once my car's engine gets to its regular temp, that is when I start to get the issues. The intercooler pump is working, but a person could fry an egg on that SC. It feels super hot. As far as what the exact temps are for the air thats being blown in, I don't know. But it is hot enough that once I hit stop and go traffic, or shut my engine off, my car misses like crazy and I have a hard time getting it back up to speed to get the air flow going again.

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
Wow buddy, you got some issues going on. Sounds like its leaning out if it getting that hot. Is this happening on normal driving or when you are "playing"? I wouldn't drive it much at the moment if you don't have to.

what mods have you done to the car and who tuned it???

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
Sounds like a kinked hose or air bubble in the IC circuit.
The car is acting like that because it is pulling a crap load of timing due to the IAT's being so high.

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
I didn't know he had any reason to drain the coolant... If at anytime you drained the coolant then that very well could be your problem!!!

beck_cody

Established Member
Wow buddy, you got some issues going on. Sounds like its leaning out if it getting that hot. Is this happening on normal driving or when you are "playing"? I wouldn't drive it much at the moment if you don't have to.

what mods have you done to the car and who tuned it???

A place called Speedy's Dyno in Owensborrow, Kentucky did all the work. I've had nothing but issues since. As for mods, long tube headers, x-pipe w/ no cats, SCT X-cal with the tune, stage 4 stiegmierer port on the eaton, 2.75 upper pulley, larger pulley off the craink, stage II clutch upgrade, rotated fly wheel, LSP duel flow heat exchanger.

It started blowing white smoke out the exhaust, I stopped driving it immediately. Took it back, they told me my intercooler heat exchanger went out, the one under the SC. This happened after thier work. They order a hand built to the order after market heat exchanger to replace it. I'm waiting on the results. I just wanted see if anyone had some advice on this shit and if I am getting ****ed by these people because they aren't doing a very good job. I hope that their set up didn't screw up my shit.

metaman

Established Member
Took it back, they told me my intercooler heat exchanger went out, the one under the SC. This happened after thier work. They order a hand built to the order after market heat exchanger to replace it.

If they ordered the griffin unit, then you are going to have more problems. Those inter coolers run even higher AIT temps than the stocker. Make them put a stock one back in there. Is this happening when beating on the car, or normal out of the boost driving? If it is when you are beating the car then you are experiencing heat soak which is not abnormal for a stock blower car with an agressive pulley set up on it. The missing is the car going into limp mode which is what the computer does when ever it senses the air intake temperature getting to high. I got mine to do it one time when the car was completely stock and I was hauling ass up the side of a mountain. If you have an upper lower eaton car, you have to either live with the heat soak, or you can go with a larger intercooler coolant tank in combo with the killer chiller that cools the coolant off of the AC system.

Users who are viewing this thread