Air Fuel Gauge going to Lean @ WOT!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No you need to go out and drive the car like you normally would. Also do a wot run, unless you suspect something major is wrong. You can do a slow or fast datalog. The slow one won't let you datalog as long. Also make sure you datalog "FP" which is the fpdc on the predator. I normally go out and drive for 20-30 min.

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
Clean the maf first with brake clean, also do not read the lightshow gauge, not being mean, but those are reading off current 02s and they do nothing at wot, seriously pull maf off and clean it I bet that makes a huge difference

Robert

CoBl2aKi/\/g

Established Member
ok i will clean the maf with some brake cleaner, then go drive it. When i datalag on the predator do i need to look at it while im driving? or can i play it back after i drive? If i can play it back i drive for like 20 mins i will have to look at the predator for like 20 mins and monitor the data when at wot and see what everything does correct?

CoBl2aKi/\/g

Established Member
i think im going to use this stuff my tech friend is going to bring to me. Super-x Electric motor cleaner. he said the brake cleaner might be to harsh for maf meter. he uses this stuff all the time he said. he also said i should put this BG chemical in gas tank and drive it till the gas runs out then refill it with new gas to clean injectors since i have 73,000 miles on it. he said that might be the problem too.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
i think im going to use this stuff my tech friend is going to bring to me. Super-x Electric motor cleaner. he said the brake cleaner might be to harsh for maf meter. he uses this stuff all the time he said. he also said i should put this BG chemical in gas tank and drive it till the gas runs out then refill it with new gas to clean injectors since i have 73,000 miles on it. he said that might be the problem too.

This is what you should use, works great!

Buy CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner 05110 at Advance Auto Parts

4vmn12

Perpetual project creator
Established Member
electric contact cleaner is the best, which is basically isopropyl alcohol:>

Precision Cleaner, Isopropyl Alcohol, 16oz - Contact Cleaners - Chemicals - 1HBK5 : Grainger Industrial Supply

Radio shack used to sell a bottle with a brush right on the spray nozzle, but not sure if they do anymore.

BTW, I would not perform anymore WOT runs until you know what is going on with your fuel pressure, and A/F.

Don't make a wasted motor the lesson you learn from this.
(read: f@## espensive!)

You can melt a piston pretty quick if you keep doing WOT runs.

Users who are viewing this thread