Air filter oil

Eng90

Established Member
Hey guys,

I just cleaned my jlt air filter today and i have never done it before. The filter looks like its over filled ... is there a way to tell if its over filled ??

If its over filled will that extra oil get sucked in ?

Eng90

Established Member
I noticed that when i touched the mesh ... that red oil solution was on my hand so i guess its over filled

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Yes if you over saturate the filter media it will blow all over your MAF sensor.

^^^ That's basically it, If you over oil. the first good WOT will suck the extra oil right out. I have an Air Raid filter and just LIGHTLY re-oil it after cleaning. These open mesh type filters are only there to stop bigger debris from being sucked into the intake anyway.

Eng90

Established Member
And will the maf give fake readings if oil gets sucked ?? Or either it works or fails ??

ruby14a6

Established Member
I've had it demonstrated to me on a dyno, multiple times, that a/f ratio would change after cleaning the MAF when using an oiled filter. I've not seen sufficient evidence that oiled filters flow significantly better while doing the same job of filtering particulates, over other performance designs. They're fine on my dual-quad 468 BBC, never having another in front of a MAF sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread