AIR bypass solenoid

97riocobra2

Established Member
I know most you guy turn off the smog system via a tune, but I am keeping it intact for now. I am wondering if anyone know where the heck the AIR injection bypass solenoid is located? I can not find much info for 96-98 on the subject. The Haynes Manual sucks on this subject.
Here is a diagram of the system itself:
SecondaryAircircuit.gif

I have the CEL P0411. I have checked the fuse, replaced the smog pump, checked the lines running to the diverters. Now my course of action is to replace the AIR bypass solenoid which I bought from Steve at Tousley Ford. If anyone can remember where this is located, it would be much appreciated.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
follow the vacume line off the passenger side air diferter... The spot that it connects to is the bypass...

97riocobra2

Established Member
quick update:
-Found and Replaced the AIRB valve, code came back
-So I then checked the vacuum lines going to the AIR diverter valves upon cold start-up. The Passenger side vacuum line to the diverter had vacuum, the driver side did not. I found that the white vacuum line that runs from the drivers diverter to the AIRB valve had a hole in it.
- I replaced the vacuum line, cleared the code. Went on a drive and it came back.

I guess I am going to double check the vacuum line again and then test that the diverters are not stuck closed. Anyone have any suggestions? (other than getting a tune)

Users who are viewing this thread