Air bag problem

93snake93

Established Member
I'm still new to 5.0 liter foxes, my problem is my airbag light it was on and now it is off, but it's beeping instead. Is this telling me that my clock spring is busted and needs to be replaced or has something like a sensor came loose causing it to beep? Do I really need to take it to someone to get it serviced because i've read things saying take it to a dealer/qualified mechanic? Does anyone know how to solve the problem without going to them because i'd like to do it myself.
thanks.

sled

Established Member
the beeping is probably the door. i cant remeber what the thing is call but it makes the dumb ass beeping sound when the doors open! they good bad. the air light is a bad sensor.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
If the airbag light does not work the airbag module with beep to let you know there is a problem . So your bulb probably burned out. The light and also the beeps will give you a code letting you know what the problem or problems are. Count the beeps , this will be the code , you can ask the dealer or anyone with a service manual to decode it for you. example beep,beep,beep,short pause,beep,beep,long pause. would be code 32. I belive each code is repeated 3 times before the next code (if there is more than 1 problem) start. If the light is on count the flashes instead of beeps. email me if you don't understand this.

kevin
[email protected]

93snake93

Established Member
Sled,
the beep is coming from behind the heater controls where the electronic diagnostic monitor is located, also the door chime is a totally different sound than this beep makes.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Yep, it is your module, and prob. due to the bulb burning out. Go here:
www.veryuseful.com

It will tell you how to pull the codes from the module, and then what the codes mean. But first, you'll have to replace your burnt out bulb..

93snake93

Established Member
Yes, I need to replace the bulb to check and see what the code is. Also do you know 93Cobra2771 do the airbag codes in 1993 differ much than 92 model stangs since the site only list 92 error codes?

Teal93svt

Established Member
From what i was told the 93 air bag is different some how. When my air bag was replaced they used one that fits but the plugs are different, so it doesnt plug into the cars airbag wire. which runs a code that my clockspring is broken. I would have to look and see how many times it flashes to let you know the code. I used to work at a ford dealership so i had some help with this situation.

Bobby

Users who are viewing this thread