Air bag Inflator Recall

03chromecobra

Jason Daily
Established Member
I have an 08 Gt500, just got my recall notice. Anyone else get theirs yet? It said they are still waiting for parts and will mail me when they get them in stock. Any idea how long this job takes? Should I demand a rental? :pop:

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
No ETA on parts, they have not even given us a part number to look-up availability. If it is like the FSA that was on the 05-06 models the actually work takes a half hour at most. The car will probably sit longer waiting for a tech to get to it than it will in the stall getting the part replaced. Last I saw, the recall does not have rental money setup.

00Whitey

Established Member
Will the ECU need to be flashed for this work?

I asked my local dealership and the service techs response was no. Simple swap as mentioned. I have the same concern as you and countless others as I don't need any crap going on or issues from the dealership screwing up the tune. So my plan is to make the appointment when the parts are available and physical go and oversee (from a distance) the swap to make sure. I don't trust them, especially with all the horror stories you see and hear about these days.

lkempf

Established Member
Seems like a quick and easy fix. I am just glad it is only the drivers side. I don't want them tearing the whole dash apart.

railroad

Established Member
Seems like a quick and easy fix. I am just glad it is only the drivers side. I don't want them tearing the whole dash apart.

That was my question, is this the drivers side steering wheel bag only? I'll bet this will get deeper with time, passenger side, side bags, etc.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Im doing these on our SC430s for the passenger side inflator. All thats getting replaced is the propellant. airbag and cover assembly are reused. Shouldnt take the technician longer than 10 minutes to swap out the effected part on our cars.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Its just the preliminary notice we got. Ford and manufacturers are legally obligated to inform the consumer when they file a recall notice. There are times that when the recall notice hits, arts are a week orntwo out. Sometimes, its longer than that.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Both VIN's show up on the NHTSA site, the date of " their " recall was dated 27 May, 2015.
No letter(s) from Ford as of yesterday..

Users who are viewing this thread